Yellow Rose

Name
Elizabeth
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya. This is my first image to be uploaded. It's not a new pic, but one taken around Aug/Sept last year. I'm not having much time to take anything new lately, lol. ;) My aim for this one was to take a close up, using natural light, whilst practising with the manual settings. Camera - Fuji s9500.

C&C appreciated and thanks for looking. :)

yellow-rose.jpg

Now that is gorgeous!! Love the colour and detail and the water droplets :)

Ooh, thanks for your comment. :)

Dellipher - I just "flicked" lol a few drops of water onto the roses. ;)

Flowers are great for practicing the settings on aren't they.
That's a lovely shot of the rose, nice composition, it looks a little soft but that doesn't detract from it.
There's a wisp of something sticking out from the top left of the rose that is a slight distraction which could easily be cloned out.
(y)

The dark background certainly sets off the yellow, lovely shot (y)

I think this a lovely picture of a perfect rose (I don't get many that good from our rose bush!)

Good composition, exposure, background and colours. I know some have commented on the OOF parts, but I think it works as it is and forces my eyes into the centre of the rose.

hi your pic is nice,i am a beginner and its the macro stuff i am interested in.
this might sound daft but what did you use for your black background??

Aww, thanks everyone for your kind comments and critique too. :)

Susane - My monitor is a bit dark, so couldn't see this leaf at the top left of the flower when I first uploaded it last year. Now it's been mentioned again, I remember, lol. I believe I've cloned it out on another edited version. Thanks for noting it though.

Ancient Snapper - Thanks for your comments too. My intention was to have a little bit of DoF, but to mainly focus on the centre of the flower. Admittedly it's far from sharp and not immediately in great focus, but I'm trying more and more with my Fuji to get it right, lol. Thanks.

Adele - As for the background, I used an A3 piece of dark black card. :)

Back