Yellowhammer (more shots)

Nice little fella, not seen one myself. :)

Lovely wee birds.We have (had) quite a few pairs by us but they are installing a solar panel field -On Englands green and pleassnt land :mad: - from a Scotsman! We wonder why farmland birds are declining.!!??

Well done mate no 3 for me too.did really well Russ,You still have the head angle buddy but that jump is priceless

Bill roger they are in good supply round here seem to be locally stable leastways as a casual onlooker.When we moved here 20plus years back they were a wow as I hadn't seen one for years,maybe there are local pockets where they are still doing ok? Some farmers are feeding, I think there ,might be grants available ? Russ is that what you have staked out here? Glad you had some luck mate.(y) The males are in fine fettle now little stunners they are, never see them in the garden though but all around.

Stu

Very sad that such beautiful creatures are on the red list let us hope they recover in numbers.Great pics #3 super Michael Flatley impersonation and for me best of a super set.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks a lot guys, comments much appreciated :)
....super Michael Flatley impersonation...
- I like the comparison, Charles!
....is that what you have staked out here....
It was at my local RSPB reserve, Stu.
We wonder why farmland birds are declining.!!??
- Agree John, farming policy for decades has not helped the wildlife, but things now seem to be improving with various schemes.

Russ

Back