Yellowhammer on gorse

Edit My Images
No
Thought it was too soon to bore you with more Dartford's so I am posting a yammer instead.
7D + 300/2.8 + 1.4 tc hand held - thanks for looking C & C welcome.

yhammer3.jpg

Last edited:
Very good Roy :clap::clap: Possibly one of the best captures I have seen of one on here.

That is beautiful i like that one a lot (y) im going to come down your way to get some Dartford Warbler shots we drew a complete blank at Worlds End not a sight or sound
Regards
Richard
P.s I would settle for some YellowHammers like yours as well :D

Will never bore of shots like this or of more Dartfords. The yellow of the gorse really does compliment the yellow of the bird.

Di

Stunning, absolutely stunning. That's all I can say.

Steve

Hi,

Pretty new on here. Did you take these with a Canon 300mm with tele converter x2?

I tried to take some photographs today with my new 300mm lens and all were slightly out of focus. I used a tripod, but believe when I pressed the shutter button I was slightly moving the camera.

Fantastic photo's, might have to invest in a converter if that gets you up closer....

Hi,

Pretty new on here. Did you take these with a Canon 300mm with tele converter x2?

I tried to take some photographs today with my new 300mm lens and all were slightly out of focus. I used a tripod, but believe when I pressed the shutter button I was slightly moving the camera.

Fantastic photo's, might have to invest in a converter if that gets you up closer....
Although I usually use the 2x tc with the 300/2.8 this particular one was taken hand held with just the 1.4x tc (see the link under the photo for samples with the 2x tc). BTW, when using a tripod with this lens you need to use I.S. mode 2.

Last edited:
Super shot Roy, lovely sharp eye and feather detail :clap:

I looked at the link photos.... Awesome.

My 300mm doesn't have IS...

Will have another try tomoz with higher ISO and try and get a little closer.

Inspiring stuff!!!!

Although I usually use the 2x tc with the 300/2.8 this particular one was taken hand held with just the 1.4x tc (see the link under the photo for samples with the 2x tc). BTW, when using a tripod with this lens you need to use I.S. mode 2.

Roy,
Do you have any links to articles on which IS to use in different situations, I have been using IS 1 handheld and tripod and IS2 for panning, birds in flight etc, obviously not correct

pS lovely shot

Roy,
Do you have any links to articles on which IS to use in different situations, I have been using IS 1 handheld and tripod and IS2 for panning, birds in flight etc, obviously not correct

pS lovely shot
David, I cannot remember where I read it now and like you say most articles do not tell you which mode to use on a tripod. I read it somewhere not long after I got the 300/2.8 and have used mode 2 ever since (for tripod work) and it has certainly worked for me. I will do some more digging to see if I can find any articles.

Absolute blinder!! Love the colour with the gorse!! Well done!

Regards
John

Smashing shot of a delightful wee bird. My Granda tells me tales of when we had these birds in abundance. It's a crying shame they're all gone now.

Back