yellowstone woodlands

Edit My Images
No
i spent the last few weeks traveling around the western us. i wanted to make my first stop on the east coast in new york, but the governor is a pin head and won't let most of the country visit without quarantining for 14 days. unless you're invited to attend the vma awards, are a member of a traveling sports team or live in ny and are returning home after vacationing in a banned state.

instead i headed west instead, out i-80. the new first stop was snowy range in eastern wyoming. during an overnight stop in nebraska (the state on wyoming's eastern border) a wildfire in the snowy range flared up. evacuations were started in wyoming, visibility in nebraska was reduced to a quarter mile and ash was falling. so i changed plans again and headed north to montana to enter yellowstone np from the northern entrance (mammoth springs via paradise valley).

there were beautiful clouds and snow (not ash) the first day in yellowstone. after that day i didn't see any clouds for the rest of the trip (montana to utah, down to new mexico and east through texas, oklahoma and arkansas until i finally saw clouds in tennessee). instead of being blue it was usually white or brown from smoke. so i stuck to intimate landscapes, removing the sky as much as possible.

this is one of the dead groves in yellowstone. it's not exactly dead, but the bottoms of the trees look dead due to the harsh environment of the park. there's a lot of hot springs and sulphur gases that get spit out of the ground in that area.

fuji 50r & 32-64mm. 6 image focus stack handheld.

50485600352_60a1f4ab7e_o.jpg

I feel your pain. We have the same utter pin head leadership here in the UK and wider Europe.

A fine enough woodland shot with lots of depth and good clarity to it which I prefer to mist any day

Last edited:
I feel your pain. We have the same utter pin head leadership here in the UK and wider Europe.

A fine enough woodland shot with lots of depth and good clarity to it which I prefer to mist any day

thanks. the dof on the 50r is pretty shallow, so i focus stack a lot with the camera. i like that it makes me slow down and think about what i'm doing.

Back