Yelowhammer.

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
At least I'm pretty sure it's a yellowhammer :shrug:

The last time I can remember seing one of these was nigh on 60 years ago as a nipper, watching them flitting in and out of the hedges down country lanes.

Shame this first one's got a twig in the way, I may try cloning it out later.

Taken at distance with the 100-400L, quite a large crop.

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7442-1.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

As you say shame about the twig in No1, but i really like the other two. The sky really highlights the colours on his head. Good results from a large crop as well.

A nice set Ant given the circumstances, not sure if I would bother cloning #1 though as it is natural enough. Have you tried any noisware on these yet Ant?

Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments (y)

A nice set Ant given the circumstances, not sure if I would bother cloning #1 though as it is natural enough. Have you tried any noisware on these yet Ant?

Yes I have run it through NeatImage Rich, Firstly after cropping, secondly after resizing, and third time after the final slight sharpen.

But I still see bits around the edges :thinking:

A nice set Anthony despite the crop. Well done.

Regards: Gordon

Definitely a female Yellowhammer - and nice shots too.

Number 2 for me. Lovely shot, lovely little bird.(y) If you are into photo manip. i personally would have a go at painting out, followed by blurring the branch growing out of the birds back. I think that would give you a super image, but it is great as it stands.:clap:

Last edited:
Thank you very much everyone for your comments (y) I haven't seen it since, perhaps I'll have to wait another 60 years :D

Nice images Ant,they do look a bit noisy to me,

john.

Thanks John :) It would help me if you can tell me where you see the noise, so I know what to look out for the next time.

Thank you very much everyone for your comments (y) I haven't seen it since, perhaps I'll have to wait another 60 years :D

Thanks John :) It would help me if you can tell me where you see the noise, so I know what to look out for the next time.

The noise in the background,you can see it as a grainy effect,it just needs a bit of noise reduction,

john.

Thanks John :)
I've run them through Neat Image four times, time to get a different noise reduction program then :bang:

Been a while since we seen any Yellowhammers round these parts. Thanks for sharing.

I'm liking all three but number 2 is a cut above the others, great shots (y)

Thanks again everyone for all of the comments, much apreciated (y)

Back