Yeovilton Air Day 2012

Name
Peter Rushworth
Edit My Images
No
Just a few images from the Yeovilton Airday last weekend. To say conditions were challenging were an understatement. As usual, the sun was shining, then the airshow started and the clouds and grey skies rolled in, so trying to get something that didn't look like a black blob against a grey background proved interesting.

IMG_7881copy1.jpg

IMG_7528copy1.jpg

IMG_7501copy1.jpg

IMG_7692copy1.jpg

IMG_7576copy1.jpg

IMG_7783copy1.jpg

Peter

The last one of the Meteor is superb. The rest I feel are a bit tightly cropped though. Might just be me though :)

Like the Swordfish.

Would the Swordfish be a regular flier in early July does any one know.

Nice pics, was there myself. Couldn't believe how nice the weather was till the show started. Challenging conditions indeed.

The last one of the Meteor is superb. The rest I feel are a bit tightly cropped though. Might just be me though :)

If the back ground had been a bit more interesting maybe, but not a lot you can do with grey overcast skies....

Not sure whether the Swordfish is flying much this year, but check out link for display dates http://www.royalnavyhistoricflight.org.uk/display/

Looks like its at the flying legends this weekend at Duxford and definitely at Shoreham, fantastic show.....

Thanks for the comments

I was there as well, pity we couldn't meet up! As you say the lighting was awful but you've got some great shots there.
I'm envious of the Meteor shot, superb. Every time I tried to get a shot of him he just showed his belly to me.
I'll put mine up.

I was there as well, pity we couldn't meet up! As you say the lighting was awful but you've got some great shots there.
I'm envious of the Meteor shot, superb. Every time I tried to get a shot of him he just showed his belly to me.
I'll put mine up.

It got abit frustrating at times with the passes, but the challenge was the light, so flat and overcast

Back