Yeovilton Air Day

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All

Thought I would share some of my images from this years Yeovilton Arshow. It was my first attempt so would appreciate dome feedback. I can take it on the chin so dont hold back, just want to be better next time:)

5941068642_b9d3786a08_b.jpg

5940505457_5e4db426da_b.jpg

5941063352_af32dd4b7b_b.jpg

5941037450_dc09fed4af_b.jpg

5940476367_835aa83b63_b.jpg

5941021622_6886d2b232_b.jpg

Thanks in advance

Rich

I like #1 Rich, it's a nice composition - for me I would probably just crop a slither off the bottom just to remove the distractions bottom right edge.
#5 and #6 are also good catches, the others look a tad soft to me but all in all a creditable set.

Yep what gramps said about the first set - 1 and 6 are good, the others in that first set are a bit soft (sorry!), it's a pity as you have some good compositions there!

The second set - the reds one is good, would perhaps see if you can nudge up the exposure/levels on the reds themselves but otherwise OK! :) Two and three are very good also - a pity the others are on the soft side, also a pity you couldn't fill the frame with the wildcat - maybe that would benefit from a crop too? :)

To my mind you've got the metering for the light about right but either the shutter speed or your focus points is slightly out - mostly I'd guess at the shutter speed, it looks like you've gone too slow for some of the ones where you were trying to get prop blur :)

HTH,

Matt

Thank you both for the feedback. I completely agree with the softness on some of the images and I will have a play around and crop as you both suggested.

I think it was a case of remebering to adjust the shutter for the different craft hence some being soft. It is annoying when you have good composition and not the sharpness you desire.

thanks again

Oh tell me about it Richard - I spent the first hour of RIAT (in poor light) with my IS switched off...... not good with shots at 400mm!

Back