Yep even more BSB from Oulton

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Enjoyed the day up at Oulton on Monday (the drive not so much)... great images already posted by everyone, here's a small selection of my noobie bike efforts. Don't expect much in the way of variety, weirdly I find Oulton quite hard to shoot, I guess a lack of circuit experience is to blame for that.

As always C & C most welcome, the more critical the better :) I haven't seen many of the Guru's recently, hope everyone's ok.

As is traditional, I don't know anything about bikes...

1. Rocket boosters are now allowed?
Taylor MACKENZIE by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

2. The racing was close... Some might say... too close, even cosy?
6 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

3. I wanna be, I wanna be.... Darren Heath
1 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

4. Check it out, I've discovered a spirit level
4 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

5. Red Vs. Blue - Slapsies
7 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

6. Silverstone doesnt have these big green plant things, can anyone identify them for me?
3 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

7. Totally photobombed my Rock Oil shot :(
2 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

8. My my, what a crispy helmet you have??
5 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

Cheers for looking, apologies for my silly captions ;)

Great set, Nothing wrong with these, Can't see how they could be any better.

Lovin' #3 and #8 - superb captures, very well done.

Cheers,

Simon.

Great set Jonny, lovely catch on the rocket booster and as for the slow speed pans, down to 1/25 with a 400mm are you mad or just creative ?, great work, not normally the typical bike shots on here but VERY effective. The 3/4 view works well with the panning too. As for C & C, think #7 might be better with a bit more room in front of the bike, but that really is nitpicking. If you are doing the Brands rounds I'll come and say hello.

Superb shots and variety especially on the race day. I think #3 captures the essence of bike racing. Absolutely brilliant.

From your shots it looks as though Outon has a lot offer a tog, another excellent set Jon well done, # 3 & 8 are crackers.

Some good shots in there with 1 the standout, pity you missed the focus on the front of the bike in 6.

Great set, Nothing wrong with these, Can't see how they could be any better.

Thanks Ric, really appreciate it

Lovin' #3 and #8 - superb captures, very well done.

Cheers,

Simon.

Thanks Simon, the blurry pan bike shot is a bit of a divider of opinion :)

what a lovely set! Damn good! :clap:

Haha thanks very much

Great set Jonny, lovely catch on the rocket booster and as for the slow speed pans, down to 1/25 with a 400mm are you mad or just creative ?, great work, not normally the typical bike shots on here but VERY effective. The 3/4 view works well with the panning too. As for C & C, think #7 might be better with a bit more room in front of the bike, but that really is nitpicking. If you are doing the Brands rounds I'll come and say hello.

Lol thanks Neil, mad or creative... mostly the same thing in my experience ;) really appreciate the feedback, I know it's not for everyone but as I only stood in two spots it was the only option for some variety :D That Ellison shot is virtually the frame so I had to live with it :) I'm not sure about Brands, it depends if it clashes with the F1 :D

Superb shots and variety especially on the race day. I think #3 captures the essence of bike racing. Absolutely brilliant.

Thanks peeps, I think it's probably my favourite.. even though its all kind of blurry

From your shots it looks as though Outon has a lot offer a tog, another excellent set Jon well done, # 3 & 8 are crackers.

Cheers mate, I dunno its weird, there's a lot of ugly track furniture that spoils a good shot and I struggled with FF at 400mm to really get into the corners and achieve the kind of shot I wanted. Don't get me wrong I'm sure its my fault.

Some good shots in there with 1 the standout, pity you missed the focus on the front of the bike in 6.

Cheers Mike, I actually picked 6 out because of the sharp focus on Brookes and not the bike... I have some the other way round and more still at higher SS with everything in focus but I didn't like the sharper background, call it personal experimentation. I guess as is typical, you cant please everyone all of the time :)

If I'm honest I'm not keen on #3, there's no real point of sharpness, just IMHO.

The rest however are simply superb :cool:

Back