Yes another 1, err 365 that is "Still going... sort of"

Well my sister came back from her holiday in Australia today and she bought me this cool lighter.

3301058031_63c374f23b_o.jpg

Sean

Well I said a little while back I was going to figure out how to get a black backround without actually having one and I think I've cracked it after a bit of experimenting tonight.

3305016042_f20f6ea60c_o.jpg

Sean

Decided to retry day 51's shot and still managed to mess it up a little :thinking: had the tripod resting on the dogs bed and never checked it was straight so the tv looks a bit wonky, got the lighting and the focus the way I wanted it this time though ;)

3310217986_c68c8aa4c9_o.jpg

Sean

A 1p piece shot with Canon 100mm macro, 65mm of extension tubes, and a 2xTC. Really need to clean my sensor its filthy I hadn't noticed until viewing this series of shots.

Not sure what the magnification is but this is uncropped.

3311297921_27839e98da_o.jpg

Sean

erm...... WOW!

DOF must be miniscule at this sort of magnification!

Shot at F18 really showed up the crap on the sensor ;)

Just catching up here Sean. Some great shots. Especially like the X-Box one :)

Thanks Dave (y)

Day 57 is mental Sean, that is serious magnification.

Cheers JD I will try and get a shot of a ruler using that set up give me an idea what the magnification was as I'm pretty curious :LOL:

Sean

Last edited:
A little late with this one went out with a mate last night a few pints and some bowling, there was supposed to be a few more of us but they dropped out ended up just 2 of us. Still had a good laugh grabbed this shot while we were there, was too tired when I got home to upload it. Now have to think about todays.

3320012876_42e3c9f308_o.jpg

Sean

Had a nice clear sky tonight so I thought I would have a go at a starfield shot first time I have tried this, need to figure out how to brighten the stars up without bringing out the light pollution which is pretty bad, still quite happy for my first go.

26 x 6 second exposures stacked in DeepSky Stacker

3320675790_67373b8793_o.jpg

Sean

Cheers JD best off reading this mate big thanks to jgs001 for the tutorial (full thread here), I really needed to spend more time on the processing but it was late and I was tired going to give it another go soon.

Three very good shots Sean. As JD says, it mnay be a filler but it's well executed. (y)

Sometimes you just don't get the time to do what you wanted, I wouldn't let it bother you.
Keep going mate.

A little late had a little experiment last night was late though so I didn't get time to process and upload it. I wasn't sure what to expect but this is the result. 10 second exposure using the modelling light on the SB800, gave it a quick flash to light the car stationary then gave the car a push and flashed the light again for a little longer. Probably has no useful application but I wanted to see the effect ;)

3328633947_cfba593906_o.jpg

Sean

Back