Yes, it's another Kerso thread!

AliB

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I decided at Christmas that I really needed to look at my current and future equipment needs and so I set out to compare the current choice of Canon (having a 5D and 1DsII with 6 lenses and 2 flashes) and I looked at upgrading the 5D to a 5DII. That left me with really good AF in one body and really good high ISO in the other. Not ideal really. So never having used a Nikon before I started to do some homework to see if this was indeed possible. And indeed it is, I found the D700. It has the AF of the 1Ds and the higher ISO I really do need for those dimly lit weddings.

So being a fiscally prudent Scot, I got together a spreadsheet with the kit I wanted and listed all the major retailers prices. Contacted them all for best pricing and was left with a rather largish gap. Hmmm perhaps that 5DII would be it after all. Until I saw someone on here mention Kerso and Nikon in the same sentance. Can't hurt to ask I thought. Well, I'm glad I did. Ian managed to get just enough off virtually each and every purchase that it made it possible.

He is not AS competitive on Nikon as with Canon but this is really going to mess with Canon shooters heads! The reason is like Adobe, Canon charge a lot less for their products in the US so Ian can pass on some of that differential and still make a profit himself. He does not have so much latitude with Nikon because the worldwide pricing is a lot flatter.

As usual his communication was excellent and we had a great chat one night about world economics and lots about Scotland and the roads!

Again, I can only recommend Ian highly, without him I'm not sure this purchase would have gone ahead, but I'm glad that it has because I'm really impressed with this gear! (y)

Last edited:
Great bloke Ian, and welcome to the dark side.;)

Back