Yesterday in the north west

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday was a cracker of a day in north west Scotland. I could not devote as much time as I would have liked to trying to get some shots (well that is my excuse) but I managed this one of, IMO, one of the best mountains anywhere in Scotland.

All comments welcomed.

Dave

Liathachpan1.jpg

The mountain looks really good Dave.

I wonder if the foreground couldn't have been used a little better, to lead the eye in rather than being a bit scruffy & needing cropping? Were you able to shoot from any other positions? Also at risk of sounding like Kodiak, the image just seems to lack a little sparkle and I wonder if there could be a little more optimisation of whites or even lifting exposure a touch. What do you think?

Top half is magical as a rule I think that when adding all three Sky-land-sea/lakes they come across better to the eye when shared even, to little water in this one for me, and if going by your words, I take it this was captured on the side of the road?

Last edited:
Excellent background which does make the image, notice the buildings sitting just below the mountain nice bit of detail.
Pity the foreground appears a bit on the dull side which tends to effect the lead in.
GEORGE.

Thanks for the comments all. I think I could have tweaked the whites more. Think I was concerned about blowing the snow in the middle of the shot and in the gully right of centre. Yes, it was from the side of the road. I was with three others, we were in a bit of a rush and the hail shower had just stopped as we came by a pull in.

Dave

Lovely mountain scenery but unfortunately not the best choice of the vantage point. You should have gone over the little hill perhaps or something like that to get the view to the loch and find some foreground.

Thanks for the comments all. I think I could have tweaked the whites more. Think I was concerned about blowing the snow in the middle of the shot and in the gully right of centre. Yes, it was from the side of the road. I was with three others, we were in a bit of a rush and the hail shower had just stopped as we came by a pull in.

Dave
"a pull in" shakes head in disbelief

Back