Yesterday nearly went very wrong- sad world we live in.

That's not a nice place to be. Feel for you.

When I read the first line I thought it was going to be another scenario where it would be your equipment or your life. Kinda glad its the former. As I have been in the latter.

I shoot a lot of property and some of it is near schools or local areas and I hate it when kids are there or nearby.

Message is don't go to Canvey unless you want a punch up.
Some mates of mine had a caravan there on a place called Kings (I think) back in the late 70's
It was known as the crash out unit, they just got p***ed and behaved in a generally hedonistic way.
We were also in East London, seems it was everyone's favourite place for a day out by the estuary then.

Last edited:
Message is don't go to Canvey unless you want a punch up.
Some mates of mine had a caravan there on a place called Kings (I think) back in the late 70's
It was known as the crash out unit, they just got p***ed and behaved in a generally hedonistic way.
We were also in East London, seems it was everyone's favourite place for a day out by the estuary then.
Unfortunately I live here.

We moved to get away from London when I was younger, as we used to have a caravan on kings ourselves! We used it in the summer and school breaks for holidays. My family liked here compared to London, so we moved.

It's turned into a right S**thole now, people are always getting stabbed and there's a massive heroin and crack problem here.

Yup, some real t***s around these days. Trouble is, we live in a 'nanny state' where everybody is mollycoddled and wrapped up in cotton wool. A mate of mine is a DS (Detective Sergeant) in the police in Cambridgeshire – Detective meaning he is plain clothed. Anyway, a few years back he and some of his pals were on a beach up in Norfolk in the summer. He and his friends were off-duty, just goofing around on the beach and he decided to take a few photos of his pals with his mobile phone. Some woman walked up to him and complained that her kids were in the background, which they were, about a hundred yards away, and accused him of all sorts of crap. He took out his police ID and showed it to her, as did two of his policeman friends, but she insisted that he was up to no good – the world is full of stupid t***s, most of which should be looking closer to home as it is a police statistical fact that by far majority of child abuse (sexual or otherwise) comes from within the family.

I had good experiences yesterday.

I was out with my Sony A7 and a film era Minolta Rokkor 50mm f1.2 which meant that I was taking time to focus manually. Anyway, a guy came up to chat and I really had problems getting away from him :D Some teenage guys on bikes were actually friendly and nice, shock horror, and although I rushed a bit when some teenage girls approached they didn't cause any problems and just ignored me.

Yup, some real t***s around these days. Trouble is, we live in a 'nanny state' where everybody is mollycoddled and wrapped up in cotton wool. A mate of mine is a DS (Detective Sergeant) in the police in Cambridgeshire – Detective meaning he is plain clothed. Anyway, a few years back he and some of his pals were on a beach up in Norfolk in the summer. He and his friends were off-duty, just goofing around on the beach and he decided to take a few photos of his pals with his mobile phone. Some woman walked up to him and complained that her kids were in the background, which they were, about a hundred yards away, and accused him of all sorts of crap. He took out his police ID and showed it to her, as did two of his policeman friends, but she insisted that he was up to no good – the world is full of stupid t***s, most of which should be looking closer to home as it is a police statistical fact that by far majority of child abuse (sexual or otherwise) comes from within the family.
I’d suggest that rather than evidence of a ‘nanny state’ that’s a sign the state is failing to educate its citizens.

Indeed from where I’m sat if the state is a ‘nanny’ it’s not like JRM’s cosy nanny that was still wiping his nose at University, but a child abuser who’s increasing the number of children in poverty, reducing spending on education, and starving councils of the funding needed for support services for young people.
Opinions eh?

Back