Yesterdays Kingfisher

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this shot yesterday. Be interested to know which version you like, the cloned out twig or uncloned version (just practicing the cloning). Please feel free to comment.

IMG_7867b.jpg

IMG_7867a.jpg

1 is better , but they both need noise reduction and look to be a little too over sharp'd

Not sure which I prefer, though tbh, I think if it was my shot, I would have cloned the upright branch that cuts behind his head rather then the lower one. Great capture though, I am just sooo jealous. Definately would run a bit a noise reduction as og says. ;)

i prefer the first one, dont forget to clone the shadow from the twig thats on his chest (y)

Hope you don't mind Lammie, but I had a bit of a play with the possibilities of your shot. It's fantastic and it must have taken a lot of patients to capture the little fella :)

lammie.jpg

P.S I'll remove it if you don't like it ;)

I really like the first shot, its still got all the character of the natural surroundings the contrast with the leaves works well.
Not sure at all about Jo's version, the beak seems to have lost all its sharpness and saturation ?

Dean

I really like the first shot, its still got all the character of the natural surroundings the contrast with the leaves works well.
Not sure at all about Jo's version, the beak seems to have lost all its sharpness and saturation ?

Dean

It was only a quick play with it ;)

Another attempt, somewhere half way between your own lammie and Jo's, but with some noise reduction too. Its quite tough keeping feather detail at the expence of noise reduction on such a small image, but the original, with out any sharpening may work much better, but heres my play anyway. ;)

lammieedit.jpg

Thanks to all for your comments and ideas, I have just done a clone of the centre branch ,sharpened but not as much and also tried the noise reduction programme (Noiseware Community) Here is the outcome. Jo, I didn't have to have any patience taking this shot, I was watching the Jacksnipe at the time and someone shouted Kingfisher. I just grabbed my camera off the monopod rushed over the other side of the hide and took this shot hand held.

IMG_7867c.jpg

Dean

I agree, and your last edit is the best (y)

Lovely shots that can be improved with a bit of noise reduction as suggested. :)

I do like the last try
stunning bit of work! :clap:
and I've never yet seen a feather :(

Back