yet another film camera

Edit My Images
No
thats the beauty of digital ,people get rid of their film cameras cheap . i picked up two lenses , 50mm and 35mm series e ( yes i know it stands for economy ) and an em for 25 squids , the body needed new mirror foam and door light seals ( 13 dollars from jon goodman ) and a nice little combo .i just love film.

DSC_0001_Medium_1.JPG

DSC_0002_Medium_.JPG

Nikon EM? great little camera and very easy to use. The method of only being able to change shutter speed by changing the f stop seems a bit alien at first, but I find it quite clever. And you just can't beat needle meters!

Nice buy! I got one with the 50mm e series and a 70-200mm af Tamron for 50 quid. Truth be told I only bought it to make a profit, and got £60 for the Tamron and £30 for the EM and nifty! Sweet!

i only went to get the two manual focus lenses for a tenner each , and the body was there going for a fiver ,so i couldnt refuse .

Well done DA ... a bargain m8 ... (y) ... an EM body for a fiver ... :eek:

Good find and great camera ... ;)

:p

Hi, I got seal replacement from Jon Goodman too. I have replaced seals on a Minolta XGM, Canon A1 and a Fujica AZ-1. Very easy to fit. I only got the Fujica 'cause I bought a Kaligar 300 F5 screw fit lens. Both for very few pounds.

I must stop this obsession: aquiring shiny topped SLRs.

Forgot to say that I was given my Nikon EM by an Anglian Double Glazing Salesman.....

bloody tight assed salesman, he could have least made it an f3 ,,,,,,have you still got the em charlie ? ive only just put the first film in for dev so fingers crossed no light leaks ,but im fairly sure ive done a decent job on it .i took half a dozen frames then left it out in bright sunlight for a couple of hours to see if it fogs , although it a nice little camera ,i found it a bit restricted compared to my fm's much better if it had an exposure lock on it ,but ill see what its done next week when i have a chance to look at the prints .

Yup. Still got it. Used it once. Outcome no worse than the others...realise that my ability to manual focus is failing though it is now a toss up between a Minolta XGM and a Canon A1...I think I have got too many cameras to choose from.!! A forthcoming Club Comp is "Black and White". I will use B&W film and have it developed/enlarged at Costco.
Let me/us know how your pickys come out from the EM.

will do, but it will be at the end of the week .if i can work out how to do a decent scan i'll try and get something on here .

Back