Yet another plea for help.

Name
Diane
Edit My Images
Yes
The image below is the only photo a good friend of mine has of her grandfather. He was a Warden during WW2 and sadly died during an air raid.

Can anyone help me repair it? My friend would be happy just to have the black mark on his face removed. My 'skills' in PS extend to cropping, levels and a bit of sharpening. I've tried to follow tutorials found here and various sites but just end up with utter rubbish.

If someone could explain to me, in as many steps as it takes and in plain simple language, what to do, I'll try again.

Thanks for any assistance offered.

Ruthspic001.jpg

Still working on it but im tired so will have another go tomorrow.

Heres where i am with it so far

Ruthspic1.jpg

It'd definately possible, but very time consuming.

Ruthspic001-1.jpg

I made a start. The clone tool is the thing to use, for filling in areas of damage by picking up a set of pixels from a nearby area. On the tools pallet, select the Clone tool. Adjust the size down to 3-5 pixels. Hover over the area you want to copy. Press alt and left click to pick up the selection. to paste the selection, left click where needed.

I also marqued around the boys left hand, copied the selection and then pasted it. This gives a new layer with just a hand on it. Next select the layer with the new hand, rotate the hand as required by using 'Edit/transform/rotate', then move the hand into position where the right hand should be by using the 'move' tool. Flatten the 2 layers into 1 by 'Layer/Flatten image' and blend it in as per other damaged areas.

Each of the edits are far far better than anything I've managed up to now. Thank you very much singlespeed and snoop69. (y)

gwocni said 'Remember patience is a virtue'. I don't have time for patience :LOL: What I need is a magic wand with unlimited wishes. :)

I'll make time to have another go at it. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Back