Yet another Skye set...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Skye is the place for me, I just love being there, I've photographed and ran workshops extensively all over the island for the last 12 years, a lot of time shooting the honey pot locations, but as much as I love them, the last few trips it's been more about exploring the lesser known/shot parts of the island. Honey pots are that for a reason though and there's no reason to not shoot them when conditions play ball. Here's a bit of a different set though, hopefully you'll enjoy! There's a couple of popular spot in this set though, including some from the trip up too....

Shiel Bridge by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Eilean Donan Castle by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Aurora over Carbost by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Old Man of Storr from Loch Fada by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Isle Ornsay by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Hotel Eilean Iarmain and the boat by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Plockton by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Ben Tianavaig by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Last edited:
Strong series

Eilean Donan, Ornsay and the Cuillen get my nod.
Cheers mate, Isle Ornsay was insane, such an amazing start to the day. Eilean Donan is what it is, but first go at using the S5 in the dark and it blew me away compared to the A7R2, and The Cuillin was the last shot of the day, higher ISO to get the shutter speed I wanted, and one of my favourite images from the whole trip :)

Was thinking about heading up there tomorrow - but the general lack of clouds has me spooked but the low wind speed and reflection potential is saying "go on son"....
Yeah I wanted to get out this morning after a crappy couple of weeks, but never bothered due to no clouds. Might go out tomorrow just to get out somewhere though. No clouds means you'll get the light though, and reflection, Loch Cill Chriosd ;). Still got the shots to process from there yet :)

Yeah I wanted to get out this morning after a crappy couple of weeks, but never bothered due to no clouds. Might go out tomorrow just to get out somewhere though. No clouds means you'll get the light though, and reflection, Loch Cill Chriosd ;). Still got the shots to process from there yet :)

You want the light, the reflection and the clouds....you gotta have all 3

Like this....

_DSC2202 - 1x1 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The haze might be a killer but mornings are usually safer for that

Very nice set of photos of Skye. This place looks simply amazing and it seems that where ever you look there's a great view.

I do like the white frames, some stunning shots

Awesome set. Old man of Storr from Loch Fada for me. Great colours.

Awesome set. Old man of Storr from Loch Fada for me. Great colours.
Thank you Roger :)

The Cuillin image for me, I really like that. Great set.
Thank you Joel, the Cuillin image is one of my favourites from the trip that I've processed so far, that's for sure :)

I'm not even going to attempt to pick a fave from those, a great set bud.

Back