Yet another What Bag post!!! - UPDATE

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Why is it that, whenever you buy a new camera bag, it's not long before you realise you need another one? :razz:

I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a small lightweight rucksack type bag that can hold a body (Sony A700 + grip sort of size) with a couple of lenses with room for other bits and pieces, eg books as I need someting for when I use my bike, which I often do to go to the library, shops etc, but also want my camera with me.

Does that all make sense? Hope someone can help.

Thanks guys. (y)

A bin bag??
or maybe one of the LowPro AW series, nice bags and beefy for when you fall off the bike :D :LOL:

Fall off the bike? Well if I do, I'll try to use my body to break the camera's fall! :D

Just seen one of These which looks like it might fit the bill. Anyone used one?

I have one of these the Adventure 9 its a very comfy bag to wear and good build quality but i find its a bit small for carrying all my junk around i need a full rucksack rather than the half / half style of the Adventure series - just check its big enough for your needs.

have a look at the mini trekker, not sure how it wil cope with the books, but it is a nice size, holds loads of kit(so no need to upgrade anytime soon) and well padded.

have you looked at the crumpler range, not backpacks but might be worth a look

Thanks Guys.

I have a Lowepro Slingshot and a Crumpler Daily, so I'm covered for storing all my gear and for a walkaround bag. I just need something for when I'm on my bike. The slingshot is too big and the Crumpler would swing about too much (My balance is not too great at the best of times.)

Dogfish, I had a look at the Adventure 9 but, as I only intend to carry a body and 2/3 lenses, it's a little big. I'm actually going to go into Digital Depot tomorrow so I will have a look at both the Adventure 6 & 9. They are not to far from me and I have a friend who lives over that way who's also into photography (Any excuse eh?:D)

Thanks Mark. Looks like a good little bag, bit above my price range though. (Looking at around £50, give or take)

No worries mate...wasn't aware of your budget. Kata bags exude quality though, if you like the aesthetics of them of course...

For your budget, something from Tamrac or Lowepro would do the job. The Tamrac Expedition 8 is another bag worth mentioning. Plenty of padding for both your back and the camera etc. but is about £15 to £20 over your budget. Well worth it though if your wallet can stretch that far(y)

Yeah, should have mentioned the budget in the initial post! :bonk:

Digital depot do a massive range of these bags, so will have a good look at all of them tomorrow (This could take some time!:D). They seem to be extremely competitive on price. My friend lives just a few miles from them and has got all her gear from them. I've yet to be able to find any of it cheaper! (y)

Yeah, should have mentioned the budget in the initial post! :bonk:

Digital depot do a massive range of these bags, so will have a good look at all of them tomorrow (This could take some time!:D). They seem to be extremely competitive on price. My friend lives just a few miles from them and has got all her gear from them. I've yet to be able to find any of it cheaper! (y)

Check the prices on their website before you go, sometimes the shop doesn't get the offers through to their systems , found that out when I bought my Tamrac Velocity 9 from them :)

Ps. They sell the bags from the "warehouse club" round the corner

Check the prices on their website before you go, sometimes the shop doesn't get the offers through to their systems , found that out when I bought my Tamrac Velocity 9 from them :)

Ps. They sell the bags from the "warehouse club" round the corner

Cheers, will do!:)

Went down to Digital Depot at lunchtime and tried out the bags. Would you believe it, I had a look at 6 different bags and ended up buying the 1st one I looked up yesterday, the Tamrac Adventure 6. It's perfect, takes my camera with a small lens mounted and 2 other lenses. Nice top section for other things and a front pocket for small items (Spare battery, memory cards, filters etc...). It even has the side pockets for drinks bottles! (y)

Can you tell I'm pleased yet? :D Thanks for all your help guys!

Great stuff! Let's see a nice piccy of the bag :D.

Great stuff! Let's see a nice piccy of the bag :D.

Of course, here you go! ;)

Advent6-2.jpg

Looks good! It looks quite similar to my second bag (Lowepro Orion Trekker). Certainly looks capacious enough!

Looks good! It looks quite similar to my second bag (Lowepro Orion Trekker). Certainly looks capacious enough!

Indeed, takes body and 3 lenses (28mm, 50mm and 105mm)plus other bits in the front......oh, hang on a minute, I think I've already said this. Did I say that I really like it? :bonk:;):D

Back