Yet another which monitor thread

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
As per thread title. I'm in need of a new monitor. The one I have is 21" and awful. I'm only using it as a stop gap.

I don't need much bigger (24" would do me) and don't want to spend a fortune - £200 tops.

Suggestions appreciated. TIA

A lot of people seem to be happy with Dell monitors, myself included.
The model I have is discontinued, but I like the extra height of a 1920 x 1200 screen, rather than the normal 1920 x 1080 HD screen.
The current Dell model with this sized screen is the Dell UltraSharp U2412M, which is currently available for just over £200, and is probably the one I'd go for if I needed a replacement right now.
A 2560 x 1440 Resolution screen would be nice, but the prices are well above your budget.

Last edited:
I've seen Dell mentioned a lot. (y)

My mistake!
I just did a quick look around and the Dell 2412M is available for well under £200 at the moment.

Another ex-Dell user here. Still have my U2515H as a 2nd monitor (and my very old U2211H as a 3rd!). Can't complain about them at all.

Dell M2412 user here - very happy with it. Aria.co.uk often have very good prices for these.

Dell 23in x2 here, a few years old now, working 16hrs most days and always excellent. I like the idea of something a little bigger and 4K but it's a want rather than a need. I'm sure there are other good brands but when they do eventually need replacing it'll be Dell again.

Dell 23in x2 here, a few years old now, working 16hrs most days and always excellent. I like the idea of something a little bigger and 4K but it's a want rather than a need. I'm sure there are other good brands but when they do eventually need replacing it'll be Dell again.
There are other good brands, but most use display panels manufactured by either Samsung or LG.
Dell displays appear to be manufactured by LG.
More information and reviews on TFT Central.

Another satisfied Dell user here with a U2415

What about upgrading the graphics card as well?

The Dell U2412M has DVI and DP ports so maybe as in my case, should I opt for it, no need for a new card....................at least not for new monitor reasons ;)

What about upgrading the graphics card as well?
Me? No need, just had a new PC built with everything upgraded - including graphics card. Hence I'd like a screen to match. :)

Just a quick post to say thanks all. Monitor has arrived and is up and running. It's a vast improvement on the stop-gap, and better than my previous monitor. (y)(y)

Now to get it calibrated.:)

I actually have basically the same monitor and I couldn't be happier. I find the 16:10 aspect ratio better than 16:9, and I think its the perfect resolution for the size of the screen, as with bigger resolution screens I find a lot of websites and programs end up having tiny buttons

I actually have basically the same monitor and I couldn't be happier. I find the 16:10 aspect ratio better than 16:9, and I think its the perfect resolution for the size of the screen, as with bigger resolution screens I find a lot of websites and programs end up having tiny buttons
I must admit I'm liking the 'taller' screen and the resolution is like my earlier monitor's which I also prefer.

Just a quick post to say thanks all. Monitor has arrived and is up and running. It's a vast improvement on the stop-gap, and better than my previous monitor. (y)(y)

Now to get it calibrated.:)
Excellent! :D

Back