Yin & Yang in the Forest

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
Partial snapshot this, I put the white car there, but sadly the pub carpark was in the background! But still, trying a slightly different editing style, to give the summer warmth feel, without making it look fake and horrible.

IMG_0662 by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

I don't mind the building in the back but I'm not keen on the tree. the reflections are also distracting

Dunno if it's just me but I think the pic would have worked better if the white car was on the right and the black one on the left. Nice pic bar the reflections though.

a bit too hot on the windows and rear panels of the white car and as everyone has said the reflections are far too strong especially on the windscreen of the black one.

Yup, a white car against a lot of sky looks a little washed out, under the tree would have helped (I think)

The white blowing out is letting it down, and the polariser was a definite must. A new location would help. The shadows of the tree are making areas of the black one too dark.

lmao...and you just laid into my images?

very poor exposure
awful composition
gaps between cars and tree uneven
reflections are so distracting
windows burnt out on the white fiesta
no definition between the black fiesta and shadow underneath

lmao...and you just laid into my images?

very poor exposure
awful composition
gaps between cars and tree uneven
reflections are so distracting
windows burnt out on the white fiesta
no definition between the black fiesta and shadow underneath

Your username suits you considering I felt I gave fair crit and you searched back to find a snapshot and give me harsh crit? Feel better now? Bit pathetic.

Your username suits you considering I felt I gave fair crit and you searched back to find a snapshot and give me harsh crit? Feel better now? Bit pathetic.

Personally, I think he (madmatt) has a point.

I'm not entirely disagreeing, think its exposed as best as it can considering one would always be wrong. It's just a snapshot really, as I explained at the start.

However, it is the fact crit was given with spite, and the intent to make someone feel bad, rather than to help try and improve.

Oh well, water off a ducks back and all that. Got some more stuff to put up soon, haven't been able to show a lot of what I've done lately for publication reasons which has been annoying as lot of its been stuff I'd love some feedback on, panning etc and messing around with framing.

I saw these when they were posted and didn't comment as I was always taught if u can't say anything nice to stay quiet and as they were your last upload they were the reason I gave critique, done in a very calm and fair tone. I just found it strange you were the only person to say so much negative ;-) tony and lee, who requested me to do the shoot of there cars, are made up with them so I'm happy to :) good luck with your work

No idea if there's any history here beyond the other thread, but that's enough of this tit for tat.

Yes, it may be fair comment in terms of the critique, but it's blatantly obvious what's going on behind it.
Line firmly drawn underneath it and let's all move on please.

Back