YN-560 II How long should batteries last?

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

Before I go about getting more upset about this niggle I wanted some advice.

I recently purchased the said flash online, it arrived, whapped some batteries in it and off we go.

Now the thing works flawlessly, however sometimes when you start it up after a few seconds it says bat low and turns off (although a 2nd boot 99% cures this)

Although after heavy use last night (maybe ~100 fires, most at 1/128) my first set of AAs seem almost dead, they boot the flash but then bat low comes on every single time.

New bats solved this.

Now I know everybodys gonna shout buy the sanyo enloops and I will! Just I'm skint and all I could afford was 11 alkaline from poundland atm :LOL:

I guess my main points are:

1) This 'cold boot' issue, anybody else have it?

2) Surely even pound-land batteries should last this long?

One of my mates went through the same thing. He wouldn't listen and thought he could get away with using poundland batteries.

I think he cycled through the entire pack of batteries in mere few sessions. Also, the flash wouldn't charge fast enough so it often didn't trigger. All was fine once he bought proper batteries (eneloops).

Guess I need to get some good batteries in it :p

Although I'll be bummed if I do and it's still doing it, I'll be outside my 40days claim time by the time I can afford enloops.

With non rechargeable batteries they take some time to recover if you are taking lots of rapid shots. The flash might well be correct in saying the battery voltage is low and by switching it off you are giving them a little more time to recover.

Just go hungry for a couple of days and get some eneloops. :D

I think I bought some... I seem to remember putting some in my flashgun.... but it just keeps going and going I forgot it even had batteries in it

Back