YN560 IV and a Sony A99 compatibility?

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got a Sony A99 and I can't make head nor tail of what the flash mount on it will actually support other than the native sony flashes!

I've already got a YN560 III (Sony fit) which I believe can be used with the adapter (not had the camera and flash together to test it yet!), but the 560IV (no Sony specific ones just Canon/Nikon etc) says I need an adapter to use it with the Minolta mount

Am I right in thinking that that will fit onto the A99 natively as it no longer has the Minolta mount, or will I need another adapter again to make this happen?

I wanted to get the IV to use as a trigger for the III off camera but it's more confusing the more eBay listings I check :(

Any straightening out of my confusion would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
It'll fit and it'll fire. But manual only flashguns sat on a camera isn't something I'd recommend.

A cheaper and better alternative may be to use a Yongnuo YN 560 TX flash controller and YN H3 Sony hot shoe adapter to control your existing flash. I have just started using the YN 560 TX and YN 560 III combination and am very impressed. I have written a bit about it in my blog if you are interested http://www.andrewhatfield.co.uk/blog

It'll fit and it'll fire. But manual only flashguns sat on a camera isn't something I'd recommend.

Do you think I would be better off just shelling out for one of the Sony ones then? Or are there other options I could look at?

It seems Metz do a couple of compatible flashguns.

Back