YN622n issues (probably lack of understanding!)

Name
Del
Edit My Images
Yes
This is most likely just an issue with my understanding of the chinglish instructions, but I don't appear to be able to get my YN622's to work via iTTL.

When I think I've got them in the right mode, the tx unit light is green, but the rx unit remains red, and exposure is clearly not being metered. I'm using it with an SB900 at the moment.

Should both lights be green? if so any clues why I can't get the rx to match up?

Although I haven't got one of these, so not an expert! I've had problems with manuals in the past so am used to googled :). Apparently the state light on the transmitter (on camera) should be green, whilst the same light on the receiver (on flash) should be red. Channel and group indicators should be blinking. This was the link I found. I don't know if it's any more use than the manual though. http://panproduct.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/YN-622N_manual.pdf

This is most likely just an issue with my understanding of the chinglish instructions, but I don't appear to be able to get my YN622's to work via iTTL.

When I think I've got them in the right mode, the tx unit light is green, but the rx unit remains red, and exposure is clearly not being metered. I'm using it with an SB900 at the moment.

Should both lights be green? if so any clues why I can't get the rx to match up?

That's how I use mine. For iTTL I have green light on the tx unit and red on the rx unit. For manual you use orange on the tx and red on the rx. The flashgun should always be set to TTL even when using in manual mode. Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "and exposure is clearly not being metered"

Thanks for going to the effort of looking that up Chris, very decent of you :) That is what I've got I think I've just got muddled re-reading it so many times to try and work out what's going wrong.

Neil - thanks for the extra confirmation too. By 'exposure clearly not being metered' - it doesn't matter what settings are changed on the camera, the flash is being fired full blast, so most stuff is coming out massively over exposed (unless I close it down till it happens to be right lol). I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's not being metered but it's certainly not getting it right.

Back