YN622TX PLUS On camer TTL

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
I know there was a thread on this some time ago, but has anyone come up with a way of having the YN622TX AND an on camere flash in ETTL mode.

I think that the last suggestions was for some kind of bracket for the flash to sit at the side of the camera, a bit unwieldy when I tried it.

Im trying to have 2 lights on stands and a third On camera to bounce into the ceiling when needed.

I really like the ease of use of the yn622TX, just wish it had a hot shoe so TTL could be passed through.

Rgds

How about attaching a light bracket to the bottom of the camera and attaching the third on that, if you attach the flash to a yn622 trigger first then you can control all 3 lights from the 622tx

Not exactly 'on camera' but you can use a flash bracket if you want to use the TX, obviously if you're happy to forego the TX, you can stick a flash on the YN622.

yep,

I was hoping someone may have discovered a modification....looks like its still the bracket route..

cheers chaps

That's the current state of play with the yn622tx.

I wish YN would launch a flash that had a master transmitter and receiver (that speaks 622 protocol) built in. However, I think they are more putting their weight behind the Canon protocol with their YN600ex-rt flash and corresponding YNE3 transmitter and YNE3-rx receiver.

Back