Yn685 yn622c-tx issues

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all,
Have an issue with my yn685 yn622c-tx. Can turn the yn685 and the 622c-tx on and everything lights up and turns on as normal. All set up in manual mode, get the green light on the tx and blue wireless/link light on the flash and can fire in test modes repeatedly off camera.
Now my problem is when I use "on camera". Press the shutter button and all fires as normal but then the link light goes from green to red when the shutter is pressed again and the link light on the flash goes red, guessing the two units now aren't talking to each other, and the flash doesn't fire when the shutter button is pressed.
The flash works on the hotshoe no issues
Help me out, what have I pressed or switched ?
Cheers

Hi Shaun - I'm not a Canon shooter, but if it works fine when the transmitter is in your hand and you press the test button, but not when it's actually on the camera and you press the shutter release, it sounds to me like the trigger doesn't like your camera settings. Is the shutter speed too high perhaps? Or is the connection between camera and trigger not quite right - check for small pieces of plastic on the foot, and in the shoe, and that it is pushed all the way in.

It actually fires a single shot when put onto the camera and then stops, losing its connection.
So trying to see if there is something that tells it to fire once, have tried various settings. HSS, first and second curtain, ettl, manual, different channels and groups. Have set the camera in manual, single shot, AF Servo. You name it I've tried it.
Baffling me at the moment !!!!!

One of my Nikon D300s used to have the same symptoms - Nikon had to replace the hot shoe electronics in the body :(

Thankfully I was a Nikon Pro user at the time and the bill was quite small :)

Cheers Steve, tried the 622c-tx on another body and got the same results.
Breathed a sigh of relief !!!!!

So, for closer of this if anybody else having these issues.
Went through lots of googling and searching, my two yn685's have different firmware levels. The older version was the one I could get to work properly and the newer firmware version was the one which worked on the test button but stopped after firing once on the camera. So logic come into play here and thought my controller, the 622c-tx might not be able to fire the new version. Checked the firmware on this, upgraded to the latest issue and this has cured all the problems (at the moment !!!!!)
I've not upgraded the flash firmware just the controller as there seemed to be lots of reports of flash issues after upgrades, so just did the yn622c-tx
Hope this helps somebody else one day
Cheers
Shaun

Back