Ynys Enlli - Bardsey Island

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out with the intention of getting a nice sunset but due to some fog/thick clouds on the horizon it never materialised.

Here are a couple I took whilst I was waiting.

CC please(y)

original.jpg

original.jpg

No apologies for the watermark.

Last edited:
Love #2, the lighthouse give it a sense of scale.
Also like the mono/pastel contrast, and yah know what, I don't actually find the copyright obtrusive.
Don't know what's the matter with me today, must be the Jack Daniels :nuts:

Neither for me I am afraid, for the following reasons. Just in my opinion, I am FAR from an expert!!

1:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY tooo much foreground :) And the island is a little too insignificant as a result.

2:
I much prefer this shot, but it seems soft and fuzzy, and I feel it lacks any real vibrancy. I think you could still go with pastels, but just crank it up a little.

Gary.

Neither for me I am afraid, for the following reasons. Just in my opinion, I am FAR from an expert!!

1:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY tooo much foreground :) And the island is a little too insignificant as a result.

2:
I much prefer this shot, but it seems soft and fuzzy, and I feel it lacks any real vibrancy. I think you could still go with pastels, but just crank it up a little.

Gary.

Gary,
And there's me trying to get a rule of thirds shot in with the first;)....ah well.

Second shot fuzzy.....You should see the original!

To get a bit more out of the shot I converted it to a B&W in NIK and used the high structure effect. I then reduced opacity to around 56% and then added a bit of saturation to correct the colour loss.

They were not the shots I was after at the time but I could not travel all that way out and come away with nothing(y)

Thanks for the feedback. I was expecting a bit of a slagging off for over using the sunset grad filter.;

Back