Yongnou YN568 EXII keeps changing itself to 1/64 power

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Just wondering if anyone uses this Yongnou flash as I'm having an issue that when mounted to a YN-622C it keeps reverting to 1/64 power no matter what I do. I have another flash attached (Nissin Di866MKII) to another YN-622C as using more than one flash during the 1st dance... it doesn't matter if the YN568 EXII and YN-622C are mounted on the camera and the Di866 MKII + YN-622C off, or vice versa, or both off camera with YN-622C's and also a YN-622C on the camera hotshoe (these tests were all done in manual)

If I set the Nissin to Manual and the Yongnou to E-TTL the same thing happens too with the YN568 EXII switching itself to manual, 1/64 power.

It also reverts to 24mm zoom no matter what zoom I set in both M and E-TTL... the Nissin's behave as they should so it's just the YN568 that's behaving in an odd manner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

are you a cannon shooter. You don't have the canon in camera flash control menu settings set to this do you? This may override the flashes settings....

are you a cannon shooter. You don't have the canon in camera flash control menu settings set to this do you? This may override the flashes settings....

You got it spot on mate... good skills! Is there any way of switching off it reading the flash power from the body? It never seemed to do this when I was only using the nissin's so never looked in to it before :)

You got it spot on mate... good skills! Is there any way of switching off it reading the flash power from the body? It never seemed to do this when I was only using the nissin's so never looked in to it before :)

Now you are asking. Did do this but can't remember how. Been a while since I used canon. There is a way though. I'm sure I found it via a Google search. I think you have to set the in camera to multi. But don't rely on that as It was a long while ago.

Now you are asking. Did do this but can't remember how. Been a while since I used canon. There is a way though. I'm sure I found it via a Google search. I think you have to set the in camera to multi. But don't rely on that as It was a long while ago.

Haha no worries I'll have a look on google, cheers though as just changing it on the camera was really useful at Saturday's wedding :)

Back