Yongnuo 50mm lens

Name
Perry
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a D7000 and looking to get either a 35mm or a 50mm fixed lens.

I have seen Yongnuo on eBay at a reasonable price and wondered if anyone had any experience in using these?

Other than that are there any other options I should be looking at, funds are limited so would have to be second hand.

The D7000 has the motor in the body so I get confused as to what lenses I need.

Thanks for any advice

IMG_1343.JPG

Hi

Have a look for 50mm F1.8D that should work well and can be picked up used for under £65.

Hi

Have a look for 50mm F1.8D that should work well and can be picked up used for under £65.
I'd agree with this advice, the Yongnuo 50mm lenses do not have a good write up, really bad variation across copies and not particularly sharp when wide open.

One like this on eBay - is this the model you mean IMG_1344.JPG

Given they are on sale on the forum for between £50 and 60 from time to time, I wouldn't pay much more than £60 on eBay.

Thanks for the help and advice, I think I know what to look for now, just need to decide 35mm or 50mm

I use the 50mm 1.8D and it’s a decent little performer, not the sharpest wide open but definitely more than useable. Stopping it down to f2 or 2.2 is enough to sharpen it up a lot! For the money it’s a steal.

That said, I used to have it on a D7000 too and it was quite a long lens on that, and much preferred using my 35mm 1.8 for most things on that body. They tend to go for around £100 second hand and are good performers too.

I guess it’ll depend on what you foresee you’ll be using it for :)

Thanks for all the advice on this, as it happens my brother has upgraded his lenses and offered me his at a very good price, so I now have the following ....

Nikon 18 - 200 VR2
Nikon 35mm Prime
Sigma 120 - 400mm OS

Now to put to good use

That's the hard bit. I've been trying for almost 50 years now.

Hope you enjoy the kit :D

Back