yongnuo 622c wireless triggers, faulty or faulty operator?

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had a pair of these triggers for a bit over a month and sometimes they work and sometimes they just don't, either they just don't fire or they fire but not sync'd. I'm using a Yongnuo flash and a Canon 6D, the flash on the camera works fine and the remote operation of the flash from the camera works, i.e. if I change a setting on the camera menu, the flash shows the changed setting, even when it is not firing.

So am I missing something? It is really frustrating because when they work, they work well but then they just stop and no amount of fiddling around with settings will make them work, then I put them away, get them out a few days later and they work again. Anyone had similar experiences? Any suggestions?

I've attached a an example of a non-sync'd snap (excuse the quality...)

Is it screwed correctly into the hotshoe - I had a frustrating shoot where I couldn't work out what was going on. Turns out it was a bit loose in the hotshoe. Been fine ever since!

Yes, in my frustration have tried everything including screwing them down so tight I struggled to get them undone, thanks anyway.

When you screw the ring down there is a pin that comes down and goes into the hotshoe so it has to be pushed on far enough otherwise the pin wouldn't engage and like I said the flash settings change from the camera menu even when it won't fire so data is getting through.

Back