Yongnuo RF-602 instructions required

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I just received a set of the above (1 x Tx and 2 x Rx) from a sale in the classifieds.

Unfortunately, they came without instructions (they seller advised this so no problem there)

As I've not used triggers before, I am aware of the basics but would anyone be able to scan in their instruction leaflet and email me so I can ensure I'm not missing anything?

Thanks in advance - any help appreciated

Adrian

Last edited:
There's not really a lot to them, and the instructions are so badly translated that they're near worthless anyway.
Simple steps are:
- Put batteries in
- connect tx to camera and rx to flash
- turn everything on
- shoot

Edit - I tend to turn the triggers on before turning the camera and flash on.

Last edited:
Thanks all - thought it was fairly straightforward but thought I might be missing something

thanks again
Adrian

Only hint I'll add is to remove the battery from the transmitter after use, else it easily goes flat. The receivers have an on/off switch.

Oh and carry spare batteries.

If you store your triggers and receivers in a hard clamshell case, such as those used for SatNavs, you will find you don't have any problems with the transmitter batteries going flat. They tend to go flat because the test buttons are slightly proud and very sensitive, so it doesn't take anything for them to be depressed and therefore drain your battery.
I bought my case from Tesco, but you can get one from just about anywhere

Another wee tip, that isn't in the instructions, make sure to switch the receiver OFF before attaching or removing the flashgun, as it is possible to short the it (the receiver) out if the power is on.

If you store your triggers and receivers in a hard clamshell case, such as those used for SatNavs, you will find you don't have any problems with the transmitter batteries going flat. They tend to go flat because the test buttons are slightly proud and very sensitive, so it doesn't take anything for them to be depressed and therefore drain your battery.
I bought my case from Tesco, but you can get one from just about anywhere

True. 602 transmitter batteries last forever - unlike the receivers, they are only switched on when the shutter release is half pressed.

I store mine in the little cardboard boxes that you get pills in - paracetamol, ibuprofen etc takes a TX/RX set slotted together nicely. I also have a little ledge made of cardbord selotaped inside to ensure the transmitter button cannot get depressed, then just chuck them in the bag.

Although if it did get depressed, maybe the paracetamol would help?

Last edited:
... and the 602 is only designed for LOW VOLTAGE flashes :D

If you attach an older film flash you will end up needing my "how to replace the output transistor in a 602" thread.

Back