Yongnuo - RF-602 - Still Possible to trigger a Studio Light??

Edit My Images
Yes
I have some Yongnuo RF-602's Wireless Remote Flash Trigger (Canon) and wondered if it's still possible to use them to trigger some Studio Lights?

Looking at the instructions, it appears that I would need a cable LS-02/3.5 (which fits both 6.35/3.5mm sync ports via an adapter, but the end that goes into the RF-602 is a proprietary 3 pin connector), however searching online / Googling they appear not to be readily available on their own. :(

Were they discontinued for some reason / cables not sold on their own? or is my searching poor and the cables called something else??

Thanks.

Have you a pic of the cable you need? I bought a cable in error so it could be what you need?

rDb2nbq.jpg

Last edited:
Have you a pic of the cable you need? I bought a cable in error so it could be what you need?

rDb2nbq.jpg
I was having difficulty in even finding a decent photo of the cable online, but that looks to be the cable that is needed - the end that attaches to the RF-602 should have a 3 pin connector. If you no longer require it, I would be pleased to reimburse you, and can you recall where you purchased it please?

What cables do you have just now, I'm looking for a cable 602 three pin on one end and a Conon N3 for a 1D on the other.

What cables do you have just now, I'm looking for a cable 602 three pin on one end and a Conon N3 for a 1D on the other.

Have been out for the evening and met a colleague who tells me that the early versions of the RF-602 kits included several cables, but as time went on they sold just bare units and the cables were 'accessories' - which may explain why I had no cables at all...............:(

Are you looking for the Shutter release cable for your 1D? If so, I think it's the LS-02/C3 cable you need and I have spotted them for sale on ebay - see here

If you are prepared to give me £4 for the cable and £1 towards postage I will sell you my cable and buy the Ebay one?

I am looking for 4 cables. I fired off a message to Yongnuo last night who have replied that the cables I need are out of stock :( and suggested that I could possibly use RF-603's which uses a more standard connector.............

I bet that a lot of photographers will have spare cables unused sitting in a drawer full of old cables / connectors that we all seem to accumulate :p - I know I have such a box and did rummage through just in case, but no such luck.

I have two of these :)

Put a request in the wanted section, you can use my image if you wish

Thank you, found some images so will put up a post in Wanted in a few minutes and then look for another 2.......................:) I know I could trigger the extra lights using the optical slave, but would prefer the individual triggers to avoid them being fired by other flashguns / misfires.

I use these to trigger my studio lights all the time -- and they frequently prove more reliable than much more expensive ones in my experience! Sadly I have no spare cables - the last time I was able to buy one it came from Germany if I remember correctly and cost more than the trigger itself!

If you are in any way handy with a soldering iron it's a doddle to change the non-proprietary end over to the required jack plug if the only ones you can get don't have the right plug for your studio llights. Last time I did this I made a little drawing of the cable connectivity which I'd be more than happy to share.

I use these to trigger my studio lights all the time -- and they frequently prove more reliable than much more expensive ones in my experience! Sadly I have no spare cables - the last time I was able to buy one it came from Germany if I remember correctly and cost more than the trigger itself!

I hear this an awful lot yet I've had the opposite experience with sets of YN-602RXs and YN-603Ns, they wouldn't trigger the pack every say... 10-15th (not exactly that but somewhere in that region) shot or so and I could never figure out the cause. Not had the same issue with PocketWizards or Profoto airs but that's not an endorsement just an observation.

I hear this an awful lot yet I've had the opposite experience with sets of YN-602RXs and YN-603Ns, they wouldn't trigger the pack every say... 10-15th (not exactly that but somewhere in that region) shot or so and I could never figure out the cause. Not had the same issue with PocketWizards or Profoto airs but that's not an endorsement just an observation.

My regular experience has been using Canon Speedlites triggered by the RF-602's and so far cannot recall them missing a beat, but guess like anything there can always be rogue combinations of kit.

If you are in any way handy with a soldering iron it's a doddle to change the non-proprietary end over to the required jack plug if the only ones you can get don't have the right plug for your studio llights. Last time I did this I made a little drawing of the cable connectivity which I'd be more than happy to share.

That sounds an interesting / lateral thinking solution and I would be interested in seeing the wiring configuration please.

Although I am still hopeful to get some more cables as some photographers will have unused spares sitting in a drawer :D.

Back