Yongnuo RF-603

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Well recently purchased a pair of Yongnuo RF-603's. Thought I'd post my experience so far!!

Out the box they seem well built for something that cost less than £20! Connected to the camera as a remote trigger using the canon cable on a 60D range was very impressive, around the side of the house it was still firing!!

Bulb mode was a let down as you need to hold the button, I was hoping to be able to press to open press to close, maybe this is only available with the canon rc-6 remote?

Then connected to horseshoe, which of course disables the built-in functions but 60d detects a external flash but your unable to change any settings, well I kind of expect this to as its no st-e2. As far as I know its very basic in design!

Added my flash to the rf-603 on the camera but now your unable to control anything to do with the flash, I was expecting to be able to still control the flash in this arrangement???

Any one else use these?

I believe it only triggers the flash. No ETTL info available via this method. You should be able to control the flash settings manually on the back of the flash.

If it's the same as my Yungnuo remote, bulb mode locks on after you've held the button a few seconds, then you can let go. A short press ends the exposure. Takes a bit of practice, and it helps if you can see the LED on the receiver.

Yep you can!! Forgot no ettl was available!! I did read that a few days ago but completely forgot!!

did discover whilst in the horseshoe and flash on the other rf-603, if you use the shutter release on the camera the flash fires on first curtain, if you use the release button on the 603 connect to the camera horseshoe it fires on the remote flash on 2nd!!

think its gonna be a case of playing!

I believe it only triggers the flash. No ETTL info available via this method. You should be able to control the flash settings manually on the back of the flash.

I think I read somewhere that the new RF603's have pass through TTL functionality - if so then it should work as far as I know....

I normally don't do this... But it's "hot shoe" and not horseshoe :D

hahahhahaha very good point! Im gonna happily blame cider this evening! I having one of those days! didn't even notice I was typing horseshoe!

Gridlock tried the pressing for a couple of seconds up to 30 seconds, just closes the moment you remove your thumb hahha

Back