yongnuo rf602rx fixing to a hotshoe

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there

I have a number of yongnuo rf602rx triggers which i love, but when i attach one to my canon speedlite 580exii the flash locks to the trigger. My problem comes trying to get the shoe of the trigger to "lock" to a coldshoe that i attach to a tripod. And so as the flash gets moved about ive got to make sure that the trigger and flash dont fall off the tripod.

Has anyone come up with a way around this other than gaffer tape?

Thanks

Allan

Hi Alan, I use the same setup, Canon 7D, 580Exii and 602 receivers and don't have a problem. However, if you have a 'tripod' with a cold shoe, it may be that the shoe has no lock on it. You would be better off getting a lighting stand and an umbrella type bracket like here http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-...se-extension&gclid=cik08fmus7ccftiqtaodbauawq this will lock the 602 receiver. If I have misunderstood your question, please let me know.

Two really irritating design faults with RF602 is that you can't reach the receiver switch with a gun in place, and that non-locking receiver foot.

I solved the latter with a bit of electricians tape on the bottom. Sellotape works just as well. Stops it falling out, if not very securely. Just make sure the edges are clean of adhesive, just in case any goo gets into the microswitch in the camera's hot-shoe.

Last edited:
My 1st post (Hi all) but I don't have a problem reaching the power switch with my YN-467 attached, tricky, but I manage it.

Two really irritating design faults with RF602 is that you can't reach the receiver switch with a gun in place, and that non-locking receiver foot.

I solved the latter with a bit of electricians tape on the bottom. Sellotape works just as well. Stops it falling out, if not very securely. Just make sure the edges are clean of adhesive, just in case any goo gets into the microswitch in the camera's hot-shoe.

Back