Yongnuo to announce a new 14mm f2.8 autofocus lens

Does look interesting... is that a USB port I see in one of the images?

Does look interesting... is that a USB port I see in one of the images?

Probably, the other recently announced lenses (40mm and 100mm) had one for firmware updates. What’s neat about these lenses is that they contain a USB port, allowing owners to update the firmware of the lens from home to keep it up to date in the areas of compatibility and performance.

I am just not sure when and why would anyone need AF at 14mm?
If you go looking for the differences between accurate focus and focus that's slightly off or hyperfocal I'm sure they'll be there to be found even at 14mm.

I am just not sure when and why would anyone need AF at 14mm?

On the manual lens at F8 I get around 2 feet to infinity in focus with the subject at 5 feet, but if I wanted to shoot at f2.8 it's 3.5 to 8.5 feet in focus, so it's ok but AF would help there. It's ok for landscapes and far distances but I'vve shot a lot of street close up with mine using f8 and focus set to around 3-4 feet.

The main brands no longer have the market to themselves with flashes and now it look like high end lines are next. Very interested to see how this performs.

China have long made top quality products, but it's taken a while for them to acquire both the technology from others and to create enough confidence that they can produce high-end products under their own brands.

Looking forward to seeing if this matches the manual lens for being an amazing lens

Back