Yongnuo TWIN flash images (YN24EX)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
My wife, daughter, mother-in-law and sister-in-law - who between the 4 of them pitched in and surprised me by buying me the Yongnuo ringflash as a Christmas pressie.

Hopefully this will help spread the light better than the ringflash I have been using (on the Venus lens loaned me by @Ryewolf - thanks again Geoff) especially with the home made diffusers and something I bought to add to the heads.

There is little to get photos of just now, but I took a few last night to see if the light evened out - so I have a bit of experimenting over the next few weeks as subjects offer themselves up in the insect world... The diffusion is quite large and can get in the way a bit but I hope it will be worth it in time.

The 4 images are of the nose of our Bilbo Baggins Cat, strawberries in a dish from the fridge, an old screw and a rusty hinge...

Billys_Nose.jpg

strawberrys.jpg

Rusty_screw.jpg

Rusty_Hinge.jpg

Paul.

Nice Christmas present. :)

That looks like a promising start. It will be interesting to see how it pans out with insects, spiders etc when they turn up.

...and the ladybirds!

If it works well enough 80% of the time, I'll be fairly happy.

I had to buy the diffuser setup online to which I have put my own diffusion over as well. Foam package stuff, and inside some vellum paper too.

Attachments

• Diffusion.jpg
    Diffusion.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 18
...and the ladybirds!

If it works well enough 80% of the time, I'll be fairly happy.

I had to buy the diffuser setup online to which I have put my own diffusion over as well. Foam package stuff, and inside some vellum paper too.

I'm a bit confused by the attachment. Is this the setup you used previously, or is the the new flash (a twin flash rather than a ring flashJ)?

Last edited:
Think you been on the POP mate, your heading states "Ring flash" and you show a photo of a Twin flash, So, Twin flash is it that you got new ?
Anyhow, light looks kinda ok but Bilbos Nose is no help but the other items shows some promise.

Think you been on the POP mate, your heading states "Ring flash" and you show a photo of a Twin flash, So, Twin flash is it that you got new ?
Anyhow, light looks kinda ok but Bilbos Nose is no help but the other items shows some promise.

Sheesh, my bad - edited the title now, lol.... and that's with no pop!!!

Yes it's a twin flash.

Bilbo's nose is just cute ;)

Paul.

That looks very promising Paul (y)
Love the colours & textures of #3

Back