yongnuo YN-16TM wireless flash trigger out of sync *SOLVED*

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
So I bought this wireless trigger system, MAINLY for the purpose of using it as a shutter trigger, but ideally for both it's uses as a flash trigger too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200402227406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

As a shutter trigger it works great. No faults with that.

However when using it to trigger my newly aquired yongnuo 465 flashgun (thanks Flash_in_the_pan) it does trigger the flash when I take a photo, HOWVER, it is out of sync with the shutter. This can cearly be seen if I take a photo of the actual flash unit in question. I can see it fired when I took the photo, but, in the photo it has not fired (aka its not illuminated and blinding the image).

Any suggestions to fix this? I have tried different shutter speed syncs including auto. None of which worked.

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

EDIT:

At a slow shutter speed of 1/20th or lower the flashing is visible. However, at 1/25th or higher, it is not.

EDIT2:

Re-reading the instructions, it says this:

It can be used as wireless flash trigger.
(1)How to use:
-----Insert the flash to hot shoe outlet of receiver, turn on the power (long press for 1 second), and then mount the transmitter into hot shoe of camera, turn on camera power supply and half-way press its shutter, then the blue lights of the transmitter and receiver will bright for several seconds, so that the connection is correct, you can shoot normally.

However, following the instructions, after pressing the shutter down half way, the blue light does not come on, all that happens is the autofocus of the camera. I think this is where the problem is stemming from. There is no connection being made to the camera....or not a proper one atleast.

Problem solved. Mounted the transmitter the other way round (opposite to the picture shown in the ebay listing)

ooo.jpg

and voila, blue light came on. Everything is now wokring.

Back