YongNuo YN-462 any good ?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been looking around on ebay for a flash to do some off camera work. I have some Yongnuo RF603 triggers and noticed there are some YongNuo YN-462 which are cheap on ebay.

What's the different models I have seen the YN-460 and 462 and 465 are these just step ups with each model with better specs

Are any of these any good or should I avoid.

The YongNuo YN-462 is available for around £25 on ebay

Last edited:
A bit late, but for what its worth for anyone curious...
I've a couple of YN460-II.
They are cheap.
They do the job.
The battery door is very flimsy so care should be taken when changing batteries.

What's the different models I have seen the YN-460 and 462 and 465 are these just step ups with each model with better specs

To clarify for anyone else wondering about these flashguns, the basic model is the YN-462, then the YN-460 (and the newer/better YN-460-II) which are manual flashes, the YN-465 is a TTL (brand-specific, ether Canon or Nikon) flash based on the YN-462.

A bit late, but for what its worth for anyone curious...
I've a couple of YN460-II.
They are cheap.
They do the job.
The battery door is very flimsy so care should be taken when changing batteries.

To clarify for anyone else wondering about these flashguns, the basic model is the YN-462, then the YN-460 (and the newer/better YN-460-II) which are manual flashes, the YN-465 is a TTL (brand-specific, ether Canon or Nikon) flash based on the YN-462.

Thank you both, still good to know for future reference......

My story was I finally got (my mistake :thinking:) my Nissin flash to work with my triggers (Yongnuo RF603)

Last edited:
Pop over to the strobist group on Flickr and you'll see a lot of mixed emotions with YN products.

Personally I have a 465 and two 560's that work just fine (one dropped about 10m), my 467 kissed some concrete hard and is now pretty flaky. I also use the RF-602's. They've been great. Others have had flashes arrive dead on arrival, last no time at all or to die after a relatively short period of time.

The simple fact is that there's no way I could afford to use the OEM versions of these products.

yeah there's always going to good and bad isn't there. and like you i cant afford £300 plus for a flash just now (even more so that my bloody car died today:bang: )
any way :) lol I will get a proper flash at some point but right now for the price i think its a good deal, ive never used a flash gun so I think its silly buying the best when you don't know how to use it.

lol I will get a proper flash at some point but right now for the price i think its a good deal, ive never used a flash gun so I think its silly buying the best when you don't know how to use it.

by the way, out of the flashes I have, the 467 is probably my least favourite (noisy and the zoom mechanism is obviously not that robust). The step up from the 4-series to the 5 was quite big in terms of build quality. If you could stretch to the YN565EX I think you'd be very happy. If not, the 465 is great (but lacks an optical slave).

ok Cool, not so bout the noise really unless its at a level where you cant hear people talk :LOL:
and you say obviously not that robust. buit to be fair 10m is very very high lol its like dropping your flash form the peak of you house roof :LOL: anything sort of solid steel flash im sure would obtain some damage.

I will have a look at the 565ex (y) thanks for that.
was just about to say that the 465 has ttl which i will need being a noob :puke:
But just looked and it does lol so will check that one too. cheers mate ;)

Back