Yongnuo YN-560 - Canon 40d, Compatible?

Edit My Images
Yes
Yongnuo YN-560 - Will it be compatible with my Canon 40d?

I'm wanting a flashgun to use on my 40d, will this be safe / compatible?

It's an older model, but should be compatible with a 40D (assuming you buy the Canon fitment, of course)

It's an older model, but should be compatible with a 40D (assuming you buy the Canon fitment, of course)

I just want to find a no frills, cheap, beginner flashgun, that I can attach to my 40d without the need for attatchments, triggers and wires lol

Cheers for replying x

It's a manual only flashgun.

As such I'd recommend it wholeheartedly as an off camera flash, but not as an everyday flashgun to mount on your camera. For that I'd recommend an ETTL flashgun like the YN565 or 568, other brands are available, older Canon flash guns are well made and not too expensive s/h.

I have 2 and a 602 trigger. Brilliant bits of kit, solid, dependable and the built in wireless receiver means off camera flash is dead easy. No ettl but I don't miss it. It's just so darn convenient having the receiver built in. 2 of these pkys some cheap stands makes a great portable lighting kit.

The 560s only have a single pin so will work with anything with a standard hotshoe. As Phil says though, Manual only so no ttl... The only thing your camera will tell the flash to do is fire.

Just to point out that it's only the mkiii that has a built in receiver.

I've been using them for a few years but have just moved over to the Neewer 850's. Li-on battery anyone! :)

Last edited:
Back