Review Yongnuo YN560-III

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
I've just been having a play around with my new Yongnuo YN560-III and I have to say to the Chinese, you've done a pretty damn good job here for a £60 flash!

I had a much older Yongnuo flash, and it's good to see what improvements have gone into this one. There are some good features including built in wireless that you can use with a Yongnuo radio trigger and slave mode. The flash also has a zoom up to 105mm.

I have to say that the build quality is great and it comes with a nice case. It feels like it is going to last a long time.

So far I have tested it out on and off camera and the slave mode works great even at distance.

The manual is the best I've seen out of all the previous Chinese items, this one has the best translation. Not 100% but pretty good.

The only slight bit of criticism I can make is that for some reason I had some issues getting it to work for the first time, I tried it with rechargeables to start with and it didn't turn on, then I tried with normal batteries and it was OK, after this the rechargeables worked fine and it hasn't failed since.

Overall very pleased with the flash.

Yeah a great flash, the turning on bit, you did keep the button pressed in long enough? if you let go too soon it will turn off, you have to hold it for a few seconds.

Hi there, I am currently considering purchasing this flash to use with my Nikon D90. After reading reviews and information I am still unsure about whether it will work as a slave to the camera's commander so I can use it off camera, without the need for the wireless triggers.

I don't suppose you good folks would be able to confirm this for me please?

It has both a S1 and S2 mode.
S1 fires, when flash from camera is detected.
S2 fires, when "second" flash is received, ie. it ignores pre-flashes from camera.

Would highly recommend a RF-603 transmitter though... or even better, a pair of them and a cable for remote controlling your camera as well!

I have the mark 2, and I have to admit this is a very nice flash especially for a very affordable price, I would recommend this to anyone on a budget

It has both a S1 and S2 mode.
S1 fires, when flash from camera is detected.
S2 fires, when "second" flash is received, ie. it ignores pre-flashes from camera.

Would highly recommend a RF-603 transmitter though... or even better, a pair of them and a cable for remote controlling your camera as well!

Thank you very much for the response. I apologise it took so long to acknowledge it. I think this answers my question completely! :D

I have the mark 2, and I have to admit this is a very nice flash especially for a very affordable price, I would recommend this to anyone on a budget

Thanks for the response. I think I will give the flash a go. :D

Back