Yonguno or Godox

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all

Had decided to buy some flashes was going with Yonguno's but read a thread on here and someone said they would now go with Godox's instead and advised to pick up the below due to the triggers being built in and working with all flashs

Godox TT685N TTL HSS Flash - £90

Godox TT600 Manual HSS Flash - £52

Godox X1T-N TTL HSS Trigger - £35

I know the above are for Nikons and I will need the Canon versions does anyone know if they will work with an 1100d or would they go with Yonguno equivalents still... probably over the top for a entry level camera but would like to buy something they I can keep once I upgrade well if/when.

Thanks

Last edited:
It would have to be Godox (or rebadged) for me and it has been, they seem to be ahead of the game now as far a budget flash's go, all working in conjunction with their studio lighting systems too

Yeah is what I read or I took out of the thread not that I am even close to studio type stuff but it's nice to know that if the situation arises I have some gear to help me out

It really depends on your long term aims, but there's an entire system based on the X1 trigger that's about the smartest available right now.

To start out I would really like to do basic portrait shots of dogs and kids type thing just to entertain myself mostly and get to learn basics...long term I'd like to be able to take shots of bike riders at like Motorcross,mountain biking & bmx riders that sort of stuff

I know I'm gunna need bigger brighter flashes just want to sort of future proof myself now a little bit my camera is only an entry level canon 1100d will these even work with it have spent last few days reading but there is so much to take in I did read last night that some flashes don't work for whatever reason on some of the basic bodies but in the sales bit it does say Ettl so

Just don't want to spend money only to find out in order to use it properly I'll be needing to upgrade faster than I find the limitations of the camera.

Thanks again for replying.

Last edited:
To start out I would really like to do basic portrait shots of dogs and kids type thing just to entertain myself mostlyand get to learn basics...long term I'd like to be able to take shots of bike riders at like motorcross,mountain biking & bmx riders that sort of stuff

I know I'm gunna need bigger brighter flashs just want to sort of future proof myself now a little bit my camera is only an entry level canon 1100d will these even work with it have spent last few days reading but there is so much to take in I did read last night that some flashes don't work for whatever reason on some of the basic bodies but in the sales bit it does say Ettl so

Just don't want to spend money only to find out in order to use it properly I'll be needing to upgrade faster than I find the limitations of the camera.

Thanks again for replying.
Then Godox is definitely the way to go.

Why not just get yourself one speedlight and a couple of modifiers and a reflector and your good to go, if your happy with the setup just add another speedlight when your comfortable, I would go for the Godox V860II, and the X1 trigger, (and I did) you won't need an upgrade to that setup anytime soon, and as Phil said the X1 will trigger all other Godox flashes/studio heads, the only other thing I would add is purchase from essential photo (Pixapro) all Godox rebadged and a little more expensive, but your getting customer support and a 2 year warranty from them as opposed to naff all from ebay and possibly Amazon.

Last edited:
I have 4 Godox 860s (the mark 1 version) and use them with Yongnuo 622 flash triggers with the Yongnuo TX on the camera's hot shoe. I use this set up on my 7d and 6d and have had no problems with it at all. The Godox speed lights are exceptional for the money, and I am very impressed with them (hence why I bought 3 more after the initial purchase). I used a Canon 580EX before getting the Godox 860 (long story why I ended up with one) but I am so glad I stumbled on the Godox range and I haven't looked back since. I can't comment on the X1 trigger, but I can confirm the Godox speed lights is fully compatible with the Yongnuo 622 trigger system. If the 622 triggers are cheaper than the X1 you may want to look in to this?

I have 4 Godox 860s (the mark 1 version) and use them with Yongnuo 622 flash triggers with the Yongnuo TX on the camera's hot shoe. I use this set up on my 7d and 6d and have had no problems with it at all. The Godox speed lights are exceptional for the money, and I am very impressed with them (hence why I bought 3 more after the initial purchase). I used a Canon 580EX before getting the Godox 860 (long story why I ended up with one) but I am so glad I stumbled on the Godox range and I haven't looked back since. I can't comment on the X1 trigger, but I can confirm the Godox speed lights is fully compatible with the Yongnuo 622 trigger system. If the 622 triggers are cheaper than the X1 you may want to look in to this?
The point of using the later Godox flashes is that they have inbuilt receivers. And the X1 isn't expensive.
It's much more efficient to go Godox all the way rather than buying flashgun sand receivers.

Reactions: TG.
If you buy into the Godox system you could get the AD600 in future. A powerful monolight for not much more cost than the top end branded speedlight.

Last edited:
The point of using the later Godox flashes is that they have inbuilt receivers. And the X1 isn't expensive.
It's much more efficient to go Godox all the way rather than buying flashgun sand receivers.

Spot on, why mix and match, I got my flashs from Essential, but I got my X1 from Amazon along with the modifiers, my reasoning is I want warranty for my lights, the X1 is £46 from essential and £31 from Amazon, if it packs up I will just buy another X1, I shall buy another one as a spare anyway, the Godox modifiers are also considerably cheaper from Amazon as opposed to Essential, having left behind the ridiculously expensive Pocket wizard system £160 for a TT5 trigger I'm more than happy to pay 30 quid for an X1 which to date I've found just as good

Spot on, why mix and match, I got my flashs from Essential, but I got my X1 from Amazon along with the modifiers, my reasoning is I want warranty for my lights, the X1 is £46 from essential and £31 from Amazon, if it packs up I will just buy another X1, I shall buy another one as a spare anyway, the Godox modifiers are also considerably cheaper from Amazon as opposed to Essential, having left behind the ridiculously expensive Pocket wizard system £160 for a TT5 trigger I'm more than happy to pay 30 quid for an X1 which to date I've found just as good

Would i be right in assuming that on Essential's site that the Li-ion580II is the same as the Godox V860II as you pointed out its a great idea for the coverage/warranty factor.

Evening all

Had decided to buy some flashes was going with Yonguno's but read a thread on here and someone said they would now go with Godox's instead and advised to pick up the below due to the triggers being built in and working with all flashs

Godox TT685N TTL HSS Flash - £90

Godox TT600 Manual HSS Flash - £52

Godox X1T-N TTL HSS Trigger - £35

I know the above are for Nikons and I will need the Canon versions does anyone know if they will work with an 1100d or would they go with Yonguno equivalents still... probably over the top for a entry level camera but would like to buy something they I can keep once I upgrade well if/when.

Thanks
Yongnuo YN600EX-RT Wireless Flash Speedlite Master TTL HSS is fully radio controlled also with a Yongnuo YN-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter for Canon 600EX-RT Yongnuo YN600EX-RT you can control BOTH Canon and Yongnue flash. It has Zoom to 200mm much better than the 105mm on most other flashes. I have 3 Yonguo and the build is great as good as the Canon ones.

...I have 3 Yonguo and the build is great as good as the Canon ones.

I'm a great fan of Yongnuo gear - I have 3 flashes and a set of triggers - real big fan I've recommended them on hundreds of threads.

But I can't agree about the build quality being as good as Canon.

My Canon flashes are ancient (420ex and 550ex - well over 10 years old), are bashed and scratched up a bit and have never given me a moments trouble.

I've replaced 3 battery doors on the Yongnuo's and the oldest of those is about 4 years.

I'm a great fan of Yongnuo gear - I have 3 flashes and a set of triggers - real big fan I've recommended them on hundreds of threads.

But I can't agree about the build quality being as good as Canon.

My Canon flashes are ancient (420ex and 550ex - well over 10 years old), are bashed and scratched up a bit and have never given me a moments trouble.

I've replaced 3 battery doors on the Yongnuo's and the oldest of those is about 4 years.
Had a Canon 580 II one small fall of about 2ft and busted the hot shoe off, the feel of both makes are the same to me. have 3 and no faults with any Loot at the cost canon E3 RT £212 Yongue E3 RT £60 I know what I would have.

Had a Canon 580 II one small fall of about 2ft and busted the hot shoe off, the feel of both makes are the same to me. have 3 and no faults with any Loot at the cost canon E3 RT £212 Yongue E3 RT £60 I know what I would have.
Like I said, I use and recommend them.

But those 3 broken doors, not even a bang let alone a fall, just from 'normal storage' it's a recognised design fault. For the price difference it's fantastic quality, but far from comparable.

Reactions: oaf
I'm probably coming a bit late into this discussion but I've used Yongnuo, then a brief affair with Shanny and now have standardised on Godox. Here are my reasons:

Yongnuo

Cheap....commonplace. Everyone knows them, lots of people recommend them. They're great....til they go wrong. I've had the 565, the 568 and several 560's. The downside is pretty much when things go wrong. Then you usually find out that the problem you have is pretty common when you google it. For example:

• Yongnuo 565 flash tube blows and stops firing. This happened to me during a wedding.
  • Yongnuo 568 has a weak battery door which was supposed to be fixed but judging by the amounts of mail I have got from people who watched my replacement video, it hasn't.
  • Yongnuo 560 Mk3 & Mk4 has a dodgy IGBT which means it fires full power regardless of settings. I had 4 of these and two failed. Once during speeches and because I wasn't chimping, I realised only halfway through the grooms speech that all my photos were about 3 stops over.
  • A friend of mine who had the Yongnuo 600 kept overheating. Apparently it's supposed to be fixed now but they got rid of it.
Shanny
  • Nice flash. Bad product development. Lack of support or interest from the company.
Godox
  • Godox's latest TT/Ving/X series of flashes have taken the third party market and pushed things up a level. They've built an entire ecosystem which now means I can use any flash/controller with any other. They've got a whole range from the humble TT600 manual speedlight to the AD600 600Ws strobe. Speedlights with Li-On batteries and soon the AD200 which I'm personally quite excited about.
  • Being able to control both speedlights and my AD360 pocket strobe from a single controller was a godsend for me.
  • I've dropped my TT685 down a whole flight of stairs during a wedding. The batteries flew out but the flash survived and still fires like a champ. +1 for build quality.
  • If you want decent customer service, you can get the Godox range through a rebadged supplier like Essential Photo in the UK.
  • Are they perfect? No. But even if I was happy to pony up the money for the Canon 600 series kit or the Nikon SB5000, I'm still stuck with speedlights and looking at another solution for controlling strobes.

• Yongnuo 568 has a weak battery door which was supposed to be fixed but judging by the amounts of mail I have got from people who watched my replacement video, it hasn't.

Hadn't realised it was your video Martin :p

Thanks for that

Would i be right in assuming that on Essential's site that the Li-ion580II is the same as the Godox V860II as you pointed out its a great idea for the coverage/warranty factor.
Yes that's correct, the Li-ion 580II is around £18 more than the V860II but you do have the warranty for that, when you go on essential site start up the chat in the bottom right corner and have a chat to them, their pretty good, and if you link any Godox product from somewhere like Amazon they will tell you the essential equivalent, they will also negotiate a bit, I got my Hybrid from them and got next day free delivery thrown in.

Yongnuo YN600EX-RT Wireless Flash Speedlite Master TTL HSS is fully radio controlled also with a Yongnuo YN-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter for Canon 600EX-RT Yongnuo YN600EX-RT you can control BOTH Canon and Yongnue flash. It has Zoom to 200mm much better than the 105mm on most other flashes. I have 3 Yonguo and the build is great as good as the Canon ones.

Build quality isn't as good as Canon, though I'd say YN are more than adequate, they work reliably (for me - I have several of both brands) and they're simply amazing value.

But YN inflates the power output. Despite what the Guide Numbers say, Canon 600EX-RT is at least 1/3rd of a stop brighter than the YN 600EX-RT.

Looking for a flash last year I ended up with 2 TT685S and the X1T trigger. Now the addition of an ad200 is very tempting :)
Wow been a member for 5 years without a single post;)

Last edited by a moderator:
you only get what you pay for !!
save up and by the canon ones
Though when buying into a system like Godox it looks like you get so much more for your money than going native.

Back