York Minster

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot last year but Gothed up a little last night

6877629693_46f79016bc_o.jpg

Very good, can almost hear the Adams family theme tune.

Dave.

Gothed up a little?

Love it!

Scarily good

I love this! really well done, the sharpness off York Minster is perfect!

Wow, thanks for all the comments i'll try and explain (and remember) what i did with it.

I replaced the sky (yes i photograph skies now, sad) using the magic wand on the old grey,
bland sky. I copied across the moon and changed the blending mode to 'screen'. Flattened
all the layers, copied the green channel and pasted that over the colour background, which
gives you a new mono layer.

Change the blending mode of that to 'overlay' which will give you the gothic look. Flatten
the layers and duplicate the now background so you have two layers of the same pic. Then i
used the lens flare filter on the streetlamp and reduced the opacity of that layer until
it looked about right.

Flattened it and tweaked the colour balance green and red until i was happy with the colour

I hope that made some kind of sense, i'm afraid 'doing' it is easier than explaining it..

Wow, thanks for all the comments i'll try and explain (and remember) what i did with it.

I replaced the sky (yes i photograph skies now, sad) using the magic wand on the old grey,
bland sky. I copied across the moon and changed the blending mode to 'screen'. Flattened
all the layers, copied the green channel and pasted that over the colour background, which
gives you a new mono layer.

Change the blending mode of that to 'overlay' which will give you the gothic look. Flatten
the layers and duplicate the now background so you have two layers of the same pic. Then i
used the lens flare filter on the streetlamp and reduced the opacity of that layer until
it looked about right.

Flattened it and tweaked the colour balance green and red until i was happy with the colour

I hope that made some kind of sense, i'm afraid 'doing' it is easier than explaining it..

Rob.

Just wanted to say thanks for the information, good of you to share it.

Kev

Very good (y) great PP/editing madness as always Rob a pleasure to see (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I watched waaaaaaaaaay too many Hammer Horror films as a kid Lol

Rob.

Just wanted to say thanks for the information, good of you to share it.

Kev
No problem, you tinker around, changing things and then someone asks you what you did... :thinking:

Not sure if its like that foe everyone but it is for me...

Cheers again for all the comments

Last edited:
Back