York National Railway Museum & Flying Scotsman

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I was passing on the train yesterday, and decided to stop off and have a quick look at the National Railway Museum, and by coincidence they unveiled the Flying Scotsman in "Wartime Black" paint.

Low resolution doesn't really do the shot justice sadly... but as I can't upload higher res than 1000 pixels to flickr, there is a full-res shot here - please don't steal, I will delete it later, and its not that great anyway, I'm sure I could do a lot better on the sharpening in Lightroom...

IMGP8341.jpg by FTS Photography, on Flickr

A quick trip through Platform 9 3/4...

Platform 9 3/4 by FTS Photography, on Flickr

Led to some classic British Rail tea :puke::puke::puke: ...

British Rail Tea... by FTS Photography, on Flickr

Although British Engineering was not always at its finest...

IMGP8427.jpg by FTS Photography, on Flickr

There's loads more in the Full Set - mostly detail shots of interesting "things", don't expect any trains to spot!

All shot with 12-24mm and 50mm/1.7

Nice shots by the way how long they keeping the scots man in them colours

Nice set of shots especially the crockery with the lovely warm light,really makes up for hving to look at FS the most overrated engine on the planet

Thanks - I really liked the light on the crockery too. (y)

I found all the Engines to be somewhat unexcitingly displayed, but without getting them into steam I'm not sure what else could be done, and that's obviously not practical or possible for most of them.

Nice shots by the way how long they keeping the scots man in them colours

Apparently only on public display this weekend in those colours according to a quick google. I have no idea why, maybe a publicity stunt, or being used for some filming to raise money?

Nice to see it nearing service again...not keen on the black paint though, the Scotsman needs green I'm looking forward to it hauling passengers again as I'll be buying one of those tickets to relive childhood memories!!

Simon

Back