Yorkshire Wildlife Park..Rhino added

Nice set ... what happened to the bear, attacked by the grumpy tiger? :D

300 f4 is a very nice lens.

Nice set ... what happened to the bear, attacked by the grumpy tiger? :D

300 f4 is a very nice lens.
Cheers Gramps, listening to the staff it appears that Pixel tried it on with the Boss(Victor) and got a little slap but as the wound was healing Pixel accidentally opened it up again this morning.

...listening to the staff it appears that Pixel tried it on with the Boss(Victor) and got a little slap but as the wound was healing Pixel accidentally opened it up again this morning.
- Its not seemly for Grandad and his grandson to fight like that ;)

Russ

Were these taken today? Victor was off show yesterday after Pixel took a lump out of him from what I heard.
From looking at your other pix, I think they may have been yesterday and I was standing rather close to where you took some of the Baboons ;)

Were these taken today? Victor was off show yesterday after Pixel took a lump out of him from what I heard.
From looking at your other pix, I think they may have been yesterday and I was standing rather close to where you took some of the Baboons ;)
We went to activate our annual passes this morning, my wife heard the conversation in the info building. All shots this morning testing the new lens.

Cool
There was a lady yesterday telling a friend how good that lens is. Might be something i'll go for later next year (y)

Cool
There was a lady yesterday telling a friend how good that lens is. Might be something i'll go for later next year (y)
Next test will be with the 1.4tc but wide open its super sharp. Compared to my Sigma 100-300mm f/4 they are miles apart. Living so close I know where my free time might dissappear.

Next test will be with the 1.4tc but wide open its super sharp.
She was using that combination and found it perfect with regards to weight and image quality. Also, equally happy on her crop and full frame cameras too.

She was using that combination and found it perfect with regards to weight and image quality. Also, equally happy on her crop and full frame cameras too.
I was using it on my D300 and only found on a few occasions the tc would have helped, my combination when fully tooled up will be D300/300mmf/4 and D3/70-200mm f/2.8

Lovely set, don't you just love that Lemur soaking up the sun?

Lovely set, don't you just love that Lemur soaking up the sun?

It appears to be their favourite spot soaking up the morning sun.

Went back again to try the 300mm with a Sigma x1.4 tc

YWP 02-01-2017 20 by Scott, on Flickr

YWP 02-01-2017 17 by Scott, on Flickr

YWP 02-01-2017 16 by Scott, on Flickr

YWP 02-01-2017 05 by Scott, on Flickr

YWP 02-01-2017 14 by Scott, on Flickr

YWP 02-01-2017 02 by Scott, on Flickr

Athough the body doesn't see the tc so exif data shows 300mm and f/4 with the tc the results are pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Athough the body doesn't see the tc so exit data shows 300mm and f/4 with the tc the results are pretty impressive.
I'd say so too (y)

hi
is this the latest version of the lens you have taken theses with ????

andy

Still not seen them properly myself :( - so well spotted you :)
- the second shot would be a cracker if there was no fence in view! Looking forward to warmer weather to tempt them further away from their accommodation.

Russ

Thanks, usually head for the pups first but as the pathway is closed off for the Lemur area work I headed towards the Lions first. There is a wooden shed/shelter at the edge that would offer a cleaner background if they venture that far out. One shot back in when more people turned up but soon came out again. It was a quiet Saturday morning for all except for these and the polar bears were very playful in the water.

Back