Yorkshire Winter Wonderland

Name
Daz
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay hey people. Please go easy on me still learning my ways :)

Shooting on an Olympus E330 on a 11-22mm wise angle lens for most of these photos, ill tell you if different.

A quick something about me, i try my hardest to shoot the best photo on the camera, not keen on all this over tweaking on photoshop as become a computer generated image then lol

I shall keep adding to this section instead of starting new threads, but only Yorkshire in the snow, cheers :wacky:

1st set, was on strensal common on new years day.

5now11.jpg

5now16.jpg

5now23.jpg

5now17.jpg

2 photos i really rather love, the 2nd one i feel is one of my best ive taken.

5now21.jpg

Fav.jpg

2nd set a bit of a mixture.

5now4.jpg

5now3.jpg

Outside the Golf course house.

5now28.jpg

5now29.jpg

That would be new years day eve photos.

Mallo

Last edited:
Great shots, thought I reckognised a few of them then confirmed it with the golf club pic.

Just driven that very road on the way home about 15mins ago,

Really like the one you have cropped of the trees

York shambles.

YorkSnow6Jan20101.jpg

YorkSnow6Jan20102.jpg

York, Cliffords tower.

YorkSnow6Jan20103.jpg

St Williams College.

YorkSnow6Jan20108.jpg

YorkSnow6Jan20109.jpg

York Minster and surrounding it.

YorkSnow6Jan201015.jpg

YorkSnow6Jan201012.jpg

YorkSnow6Jan201014.jpg

YorkSnow6Jan201013.jpg

Rather like this photo.

YorkSnow6Jan201016.jpg

Cheers all, Mallo

Last edited:
As above!!! Great Shots!

This one for me is a stunner and i just love it!! It will be downloaded into my very special folder on my Mac that holds the very best on the net!!!

YorkSnow6Jan20102.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Glad they have pleased you :)

Alright Mallo! :) No snow shots of the passat?

Some nice shots in there!

Cant help but think the 1st pic at Strensal would look better if you had got the ground in as well? I expect it was all fresh snow?

Maybe but was just loving the tree's and the moon behind it to much lol and it was right on the side of the road, with very tall tree's, i was using my 11mm wide angle and i ould of had to go onto the other bank and that was thick in snow and god knows what was under it lol

Had some of the passat i quickly took the other day will stick them up but nout flash, in the transport section :)

Way too many to offer any specific crit, try picking a few to get less generic comments next time

Im sure if you wanted to pick some for comment could do, but not into posting just 2 photos seems pretty pointless to me lol But hey thats me

nice set. I love night shots. personally i would have altered the WB more on some of the orange ones, always tricky as the light there technically way orange, on long exposures the orange can go crazy, it hasnt gone major OTT here, but as i say i would have toned it down more, snow looks better in white. just my opinion, its all taste.

personally i would have altered the WB more on some of the orange ones, always tricky as the light there technically way orange, on long exposures the orange can go crazy, it hasnt gone major OTT here, but as i say i would have toned it down more, snow looks better in white. just my opinion, its all taste.

Yeah i know, we swopped between the white balance but as they was white and orange lights everyone seem to go a little funny, my main aim was to capture the white lights but next time may try differ :)

Yeah i know, we swopped between the white balance but as they was white and orange lights everyone seem to go a little funny, my main aim was to capture the white lights but next time may try differ :)

yeah tungsten/manual works best with sodium but turns white lights blue, easiest fix is then to get the blue on selective colour and desaturate it, but it depends on what else that potentially effects in the picture, so yeah no real answer, another good reason to shoot raw so the 'best' wb can be set later.

Back