Yosemite Valley

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
On a recent visit to California

Yosemite-2AW_zps45876b45.jpg

Now that reminds me of another photo.... Hmmm... can't think what now :)

Oh I really do like that a lot (y) the low cloud and I assume rising smoke really give it an almost mystic timeless feel, I'd have been tempted to brighten the trees a little appox half a stop then run it through a bit of a B&W processing :thinking:

The low lying mist is nice but there is no foreground interest...could do with a bit of 'punch' in my opinion

Yes I came through the tunnel onto the car park (where everyone stops to take the shot) and they were burning wood, which was a nice touch.

See what you mean about the lightening of the trees, thanks ... I had done so, but not enough :)

@markleddra: Yes, thanks, I usually try to include a bit of foreground interest, but I was in a car park this time and it was nigh on impossible to get down to a level where I could

Yes, I know the car park Jon, been there countless times, late afternoon, early evening best in my opinion...once the crowds have disappeared....very serene.....

TBH, imo it loses a LOT in black & white, the colour version is the one that really works, the depth & detail are made in the colour. For me anyway (y)

Yes, the day we were there it was very dark, cloudy and atmospheric, and I tried to capture that hence why it is slightly dark. As you say, B&W on this one doesnt really do it for me

Yes I came through the tunnel onto the car park (where everyone stops to take the shot) and they were burning wood, which was a nice touch.

See what you mean about the lightening of the trees, thanks ... I had done so, but not enough :)

@markleddra: Yes, thanks, I usually try to include a bit of foreground interest, but I was in a car park this time and it was nigh on impossible to get down to a level where I could

I could be going to Yosimite next year, can anyone advise where the car park is, as it is quite a large park.

I could be going to Yosimite next year, can anyone advise where the car park is, as it is quite a large park.

Directions depend on where you are coming in from. If you are coming from the South from Oakhurst up the 41, then just keep going towards Yosemite Village (when you enter the Park turn left on the Wawona Road). Then eventually you come to a tunnel and as you come out of it, the car park is on the left ... well before you get to Bridalveil Falls. Yes, its fairly big.

Before you even get to the Park entrance you will also see Sugar Pine Railway on the right, along with the Narrow Guage Inn, which is a brilliant place to stay and the steak there is excellent

Spot on in colour in my opinion. An excellent shot, wouldn't mess about with too much its superb as is.

Andy

Directions depend on where you are coming in from. If you are coming from the South from Oakhurst up the 41, then just keep going towards Yosemite Village (when you enter the Park turn left on the Wawona Road). Then eventually you come to a tunnel and as you come out of it, the car park is on the left ... well before you get to Bridalveil Falls. Yes, its fairly big.

Before you even get to the Park entrance you will also see Sugar Pine Railway on the right, along with the Narrow Guage Inn, which is a brilliant place to stay and the steak there is excellent

Thanks Jon.

Classic Wawona view of the valley. Lovely.
The last time we were there, there was a fire on Crane Flats, and the smoke had drifted into the valley obliterating much of this view.

Back