which do you prefer?

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
In an attempt to improve our rudimentary photography skills, my girlfriend and I have embarked on a weekly photo competition, based on consecutive alphabetic themes. The challenge being to take photo's that are technically competent and that stretch us creatively.

We alternate each week who chooses the theme, which has to begin with the next letter of the alphabet. We have one week to complete, prior to sharing, but thought that external review from fellow TP'ers would also be helpful.

And so onto this week's theme - Edible

please let us have any feedback, critique, or just which you prefer ;)

photocomp.jpg

ban1comp.jpg

once again, thanks for looking, all feedback appreciated, or just a quick vote via the poll (y)

M

Last edited:
Im loving following your series :)

The first image, ok but I find it a bit boring. I can see whatever material the apple is on, i.e. the white dots. You could probably clone these out. Dont know if that would make any difference to me though, sorry! :(

2nd Image, Ive seen a tutorial on this and you've done a cracking job with this! :) Really good :)

It does look like a penis though lol.

Great work :)

No. 1, looks a little soft, not sure where the focal point was, and looks odd cropped just off to one side

No. 2, now i really like that, great creativity, nice and sharp, and well composed, gets a thumbs up from me (y)

I have actually started a theme of photos along a similar style to how i presume you did the banana shot

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=436562

thanks all for the feedback, much appreciated - we are learning as we go through.

Carl, bananas have a default phallus look about them, albeit usually with less slicing going on :eek: ;)

Thanks Vince & Rich for the feedback & comments. Rich, very much liking your series of shots, well done that man! :cool:

Next week we are onto F....

cheers,

M

The banana is a great shot! How is this done if you don't mind me asking?

well, you can do it that way i 'spose :|

i prefer 'Wingardium Leviosa' :LOL:

Marco, it's actually easier than it first appears, and is a good little workout for photoshop skills (y)

cheers

M

MAROSSER said:
well, you can do it that way i 'spose :|

i prefer 'Wingardium Leviosa' :LOL:

Marco, it's actually easier than it first appears, and is a good little workout for photoshop skills (y)

cheers

M

I dont suppose you have any links to some tutorial videos? :)

Im not keen on the lighting in No.1, on the other hand No.2 is a cracking shot!

Hi Marco - sorry didn't find any video tutorials, so I followed the guides which were pretty good (y)

M

#1 too soft, #2, good concept and execution, although not strictly speaking (IMO) as much photography as image creation.

Back