which do you prefer?

Votes: 11 35.5%

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
In an attempt to improve our rudimentary photography skills, my girlfriend and I have embarked on a weekly photo competition, based on consecutive alphabetic themes. The challenge being to take photo's that are technically competent and that stretch us creatively.

We alternate each week who chooses the theme, which has to begin with the next letter of the alphabet. We have one week to complete, prior to sharing, but thought that external review from fellow TP'ers would also be helpful.

And so onto this week's theme - Imperfection

please let us have any feedback, critique, or just vote which you prefer ;)

7.jpg

5a.jpg

As always, thanks for looking, all feedback appreciated, or just a quick vote via the poll :clap:

Thanks to all that have viewed, commented and voted on the previous weeks theme's :love:

M

Second one for me for sheer creativity, great work.

It's funny I'm torn on this one because I'm more of a perfectionist and I'm attracted to the Rubix cube because it has a lot more symmetry and parallel lines, however, the subject is Imperfection so I'm going to have to against my instinct and vote number 1 :)

ooh, very dangerous to go against instinct, can be very detrimental (to my score :razz:)

;)

Thanks Alan for looking through the series and voting. The feedback also much appreciated (y)

I do like both, but i think #2 just edges it for me, but does it need a little straightening, or is that part of the imperfection as well :shrug: (or it could just be my eyes)

#1 for me. I'm not a fan of ultra shallow DoF and that certainly isn't a subject that it suits (IMO). Love the concept of it but IMO, the execution isn't to my taste. Also slightly biased towards #1 since it reminds me of one of my own images - in my case a passion flower that was in a similar state of decay, entitled Faded Passion?.

Back