which do you prefer?

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 61 98.4%

• Total voters
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
In an attempt to improve our rudimentary photography skills, my girlfriend and I have embarked on a weekly photo competition, based on consecutive alphabetic themes. The challenge being to take photo's that are technically competent and that stretch us creatively.

We alternate each week who chooses the theme, which has to begin with the next letter of the alphabet. We have one week to complete, prior to sharing, but thought that external review from fellow TP'ers would also be helpful.

And so onto this week's theme - Queen

please let us have any feedback, critique, or just vote which you prefer (y)

queene.jpg

queenm.jpg

Thanks to all that have reviewed, commented and voted on the previous entries :clap:

Regards,

M

thanks to those that have stopped by and voted (y)

comments, feedback and critique warmly welcomed :D

cheers,

M

Instantly number 2 for me! The battered cards fit perfectly with the worn background and the styling is brilliant.

Number 1 lacks real impact for me personally - maybe if one of the notes was used with a mirror and maybe tidy them up a bit in PP? I dont think the wood works with them and maybe if they had been balanced on coins it would fit more?

Having said that, I do like the different interpretations of the theme!!

Newbie to the forum but I'd vote for No.2 if I'm allowed to.

(Is there somewhere I'm supposed to vote?)

No point in voting. The first photograph loses by default, because it's illegal.

Number 2 by a mile for me
Lots of different elements of interest, nice side lighting and dof creates a nice image

much prefer 2 - like the composition and the whole concept.

Mark - in what way is No 1 illegal?

Number 2 for me (I do feel sorry for number 1 having seen the votes:crying: ). With number 1, I keep trying to see the message or meaning of it and can't quite get there. To me, number 2 has better composition and lighting.

Lynton said:
Mark - in what way is No 1 illegal?

Firstly because UK bank notes are the copyright of the Bank of England, which they're quite possessive about, and secondly because it contravenes the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981.

Back