You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
...and the same can be said for more or less everything in the insect world.

I obviously wasn't trying to lead it to water - and if truth be known, I didn't even see the droplets until I got to the PC and started to look at what I had managed to get.

The subject of course, was the globular springtail which is still resident on my (rain soaked) bird table - well, I'm guessing it is the same one as last year, though I figure it's more likely not to be!

Anyway, here it is on it's way towards a few droplets of water caught in some web, and if it went to drink, we will never know...

C&C as always.

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2010:01:24 21:22:13
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160)
Aperture: f/9.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
Photographer: Copyright www.pauliddon.co.uk

Paul.

Wow, I'm having trouble getting birds on my nuts never mind waiting for a shot like that. Well done.

cool shot, love the way the DOF makes a path ahead, did you take the shot at an angle & then straighten to achieve that?

cool shot, love the way the DOF makes a path ahead, did you take the shot at an angle & then straighten to achieve that?

The image is cropped and rotated, but the angle was created by the positioning of the camera at the time of taking. Working in near dark conditions with just light from the house illuminating the bird table, meant it was 30% luck, 70% inspiration :thinking: (y)

Paul.

Last edited:
The image is cropped and rotated, but the angle was created by the positioning of the camera at the time of taking. Working in near dark conditions with just light from the house illuminating the bird table, meant it was 30% 70% inspiration :thinking: (y)

Paul.

ahh thanks for that nice little tip (y)

Back