You don't see this everyday......or do you?

R

RobC

So there I was on thr roof of the Ark (Tolgarth Rd) minding my own business when I glance up and see this

Apache3.jpg

Anyone on here have any idea why 2 of these were in our sky?
I thought at first they were AH64D's from the army air corp, but I thought 'ours' were all fitted with longbow ?

would that not be classed as a near miss ...looks pretty close to me :eek:

So there I was on thr roof of the Ark (Tolgarth Rd) minding my own business when I glance up and see this

Apache3.jpg

I thought at first they were AH64D's from the army air corp, but I thought 'ours' were all fitted with longbow ?
do you mean 2 helicopters i can not see a second one ?

Yup, two helicopters, both the same, I just cropped the best of a poor bunch and sadly that only had one in the frame.

could have been the 2 Dutch Apaches transiting upto Carlisle along with 6 other Dutch choppers for an exercise.

Your best bet would be to post over on UKAR (an aviation photography forum), someone one there will be bound to know, and probably could give you the serial numbers ;) My guess would be one of a few things; maybe an air test before final avionics/radar fitted, maybe not ours there must be some non-longbows out there?, the radar fell off? ... in short I have no idea :D

edit; After a bit of reading, got to agree with heidfirst, 99% sure the are Dutch AH-64's on exercise here :)

Last edited:
Back