Review You get what you pay for (photobook)

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Well my photobook from foto.com arrived today. It's nice, I'll give it that, pleased with it, just hope the couple it's for like it.

If you want something that looks very professional, then I wouldn't go with foto.com :LOL::LOL: obviously

But for £15 with 80 photos in, it's good value and the pages are good quality paper and its hardback so looks like an A4 annual type thing.

Maybe for closer friends, I'll fork out a bit more (I'm not tight really :cautious::LOL::LOL::LOL: )

So if you want something cheap and cheerful, I'd recommend foto.com, if you want something classier (!) then don't :D

Don't forget to have a look at PhotoBox.co.uk - they recently had a bank holiday special where they offered 30" x 20" for just £5. Many on here had posters printed myself included. Very happy with the result.

I have ordered a photobook from photobox as they had a buy one get one free last weekend. When it arrives I will post a review for you :)

Of the PhotoBooks used for the budget end of the market in Weddings, Portfolios, etc. the Pro choice currently is YoPhoto

Their biggest is a 40 page 12x12" for about £50, easily takes 100 images

I had one prepared full of Wedding shots, then took it around to couples I know for their opinion/valuation. Everyone liked it, and all reckoned they'd expect to pay in the region of £200+ for it. There's a lot of different features, colours, effects, but for 'class' I suggest you keep the gimmicks to a minimum and let the pics do the talking

My preferred choice presently is for the right-hand page to be a black background with a colour image (or montage), the left-hand to be a white background with B&W

They do much smaller/cheaper ones if you just fancy a go as a test

If anyone knows of any others of higher quality, but keenly priced, I'll be interested too thanks

I hear there's a pro photographer doing a photobook of quality second hand home-studio flash gear Dave... ;)

Sorry - couldn't resist :):)

Photobox photobooks are fine as long as your images match their aspect requirements and don't need too much adjusting. I've twice bought books from them only to find that some images were badly cropped (heads missing etc.). The first time I complained and they very promptly did me another one f.o.c, with exactly the same mistakes in it.

hi

for a really proffesional looking book try shutterfly from the US and the $$ exchange rates made it good value for money and they deliver fast
i ahve made lots on here from my wedding pictures and they are great
also do full page shots

If anyone knows of any others of higher quality, but keenly priced, I'll be interested too thanks

http://www.visionartbook.com/

They only deal with pro togs so you need to apply for pricing (it's very reasonable imo with plenty of room to mark up) but the quality is the dogs danglies. Range of sizes, etc. and Jim is a helpful bloke too (y)

http://www.visionartbook.com/

They only deal with pro togs so you need to apply for pricing (it's very reasonable imo with plenty of room to mark up) but the quality is the dogs danglies. Range of sizes, etc. and Jim is a helpful bloke too (y)

Thanks for that Andy (y)

:LOL: Reckon I'll have to have a word about some discount the amount of people I've sent his way recently (y)

Back